Quantcast
Naby Keita - Page 183 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
viRdjil

Naby Keita

2 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Naby not good enough for us.

Curtis Jones improved the Middle when he came on.

Sure sure. Probably wasting my breath again but it’s such a ridiculous way to judge a player 

He’s boss. Probs looks most likely of all the kids (apart from Harvey) to make a splash. What I won’t do is write him off if he has some dodgy games or picks up a few injuries 

16 minutes ago, rotoq said:

So Rickie Lambert still has potential to do a job for us?

Begrudgingly have to admit his time may have passed. 

5 minutes ago, moof said:

Begrudgingly have to admit his time may have passed. 

If RBL offered a straight swap Keita and Werner, would you take it?

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I would not. I think Keita has what it takes to become a world class midfielder for us 

4 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

They wouldnt be that daft but if they did, Id snap their hands off. Sure, they are different types of player and we could do with prioritising a goalscoring midfielder. But, Naby's injury record is really starting to grip my shits now.

He might be very unlucky since he came here but, you make your own luck to some extent. I think he made a major mistake going to the ACON instead of telling his international manager he was fucked, playing one game, getting fucked and now struggling with his club for fitness and game time.

2 hours ago, moof said:

I would not. I think Keita has what it takes to become a world class midfielder for us 

What's that based on? This is now the third season he's been bang average, and 2016/17 now seems to be the anomoly.

We're at the stage of our development where you need to perform 8 times out of 10, and stay match fit. He's done neither, and shown no signs he could.

Timing is massive in football, and I think he's missed the bus.

• Upvote 1

He started or came off the bench in 26 league games last season. Both domestic cup ties and 6 CL games. Not as injury prone as people think but not settled in quickly enough either. I’m a big fan and hope he comes good.

I never watched him for his previous club but jumped on the hype train. Judging by what I see, he has skill but we don't see it enough, seems lightweight, so far massively underwhelming.

41 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I never watched him for his previous club but jumped on the hype train. Judging by what I see, he has skill but we don't see it enough, seems lightweight, so far massively underwhelming.

Being so lightweight seems to be his problem both on the pitch and possibly the reason for so many injuries. He needs his African mother to cook some of those protein rich African dishes and get him eating scouse regularly too. Bulk little Naby right up. Or he could ask some friends at Barcelona for a few 'supplements' as used by young Lionel.

He was regularly getting booked and sent off for his aggression in Germany, a lot unwarranted. He might be small but he is strong, like I may be fat but i’m slow.

These niggles ( racist ) need sorting and that Uber cunt who managed Guinea in the summer needs a slap.

• Upvote 1

I still don't really know what sort of a player he's supposed to be. He doesn't look particularly strong, particularly skillful, particularly quick, particularly creative, particularly aggressive, particularly good on the ball, particularly good defensively, particularly good going forward... 

• Upvote 3

I'm quite happy to follow Jurgen's lead with Naby.  It's clear through listening to Jurgen talk about him and the fact he always tries to get him involved when available (run in last year before the Barca injury) that he defo rates in him. 

He hasn't been good enough for large parts yet but I do have that feeling that IF it clicks, the lad will take some stopping.

I think Naby will come good and he actually has been good in spells. In terms of what sort of player he is he's a high tempo midfielder who plays between the lines and tries to set things up in the final third. If he can stay injury free then he'll be a real player for us in my view. I appreciate that the need for patience is frustrating but then our luck with injuries has been frustrating generally.