Quantcast
Naby Keita - Page 182 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
viRdjil

Naby Keita

Doesn't look like it's going to happen for him. Shame looked great in Germany. The committee and Klopp have pretty much knocked every other signing on big value out the park. There was always going to be one or two that don't work. Hopefully we can get a chunk of the fee back from Bayern or Dortmund. Go get Kai Haverts. 

I wonder if they look at Milinković-Savić the hype dropped a bit so maybe available for a decent fee, though still expensive

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

If Keita played 25 times in the league last year at least half had to be as a sub easing back into getting some minutes. I cant think of a solid month he has put together tbh, but I do remember at least three times we would have been counting on him and he broke down.

Also - a few of the players that aRdj mentioned have played at far higher levels than Keita ever has. 

Not sold on the fella. 

He may well be a very good player, and might yet be - he's only 24. 

But if expectation based on performance and reputation were criteria, then I reckon 117 games with Salzburg and Leipzig is a relatively small sample size.

Perhaps he absolutely tore up the ground in most of those games, I don't know.

Doesnt look like he’ll be able to stay fit over time. Which means he’ll not be able to get to the required fitness and sharpness level.

Shame, as I think he’s a gifted player who could’ve been really good for us.

I’d give him a pass for the injuries, but he’s shown little enough in the periods in between. 

I’m usually stupidly optimistic about our players (though I parked the optimism for Hodgson’s six months) but on the evidence so far, this one’s only going one way. 

I’d have him behind Hendo/Gini/Fabinho/Milner/Ox and even Lallana at this stage. 

• Upvote 1

I was in agreement until that last name. 

46 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I’d give him a pass for the injuries, but he’s shown little enough in the periods in between. 

I’m usually stupidly optimistic about our players (though I parked the optimism for Hodgson’s six months) but on the evidence so far, this one’s only going one way. 

I’d have him behind Hendo/Gini/Fabinho/Milner/Ox and even Lallana at this stage. 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Christ there's no need to kick an man when he's down

• Upvote 1

Haha. Not much love for Big Ads out there this morning. He got caught in possession a few times last night but I thought he did okay for the most part. Never hides.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

A great point ruined by the last 6 words

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Haha. Not much love for Big Ads out there this morning. He got caught in possession a few times last night but I thought he did okay for the most part. Never hides.

He should hide. He was absolute shite. 16 year olds eclipsing him by miles.

Not looking good is it? When he went off injured again last night after being shite I’ve finally started accepting he’s gonna have to be filed in the Harry Kewell category. I was initially hopeful he might establish himself this season after a settling in period. Shame as the expectations around him were so high. Hope we manage to recoup a few bob for him at some point

Disappointing. This was the perfect match for him to shine but really didn't do anything and ends up injured again. Might be time to cut our losses and move him on.

I'd say if he can't turn it around by the end of the season then we send him on his way. Him and Lallana out with a potentially top class ball carrying offensive minded midfielder coming in. It's the only thing this team misses and Ox will be hit and miss/perennially injured forever. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

I'd say if he can't turn it around by the end of the season then we send him on his way. Him and Lallana out with a potentially top class ball carrying offensive minded midfielder coming in. It's the only thing this team misses and Ox will be hit and miss/perennially injured forever. 

This. If he's not turned it around by July then he needs selling as he'll have had 2 seasons to establish himself. He's 24 now, should be hitting his prime soon but he's regressed.

Most players get written off at various stages for stupid reasons so I’ll not be sticking my dick in that particular hole.

He’s a great player, will come good. 

• Upvote 2

I'm still holding out that he'll come good. I followed the lad in the Bundesliga and unfortunately we haven't had the chance to see what he is capable of, not even a whiff of it. 

• Upvote 1

A goal or two might give him the confidence to go on a run. But hard to build any momentum when he seems to be made of Quavers. 

3 hours ago, moof said:

Most players get written off at various stages for stupid reasons so I’ll not be sticking my dick in that particular hole.

He’s a great player, will come good. 

I agree, but have to say his injury record looks likely to prevent him from making it.