Quantcast
Naby Keita - Page 180 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
viRdjil

Naby Keita

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, The Guest said:

He did quite well yesterday when he come on I thought.  Tried to quicken up the pace of our passing.  He wasn’t taking the obvious option either in the final third which played quite an important part in our goal.  It gave Robertson the extra few yards to deliver his cross.

He demanded the ball, looked to get forward, didn't always play the obvious pass, and passed at pace.

 

If he can stay fit and build some confidence, he'll improve us significantly. If...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He defo should have come on 10 minutes earlier. We had them rattled when he came on. Arguably our best player right now and I think I love him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I’d stick with the 433 that’s put us in the position we are in and not come up with some knee jerk reaction because Salah wasn’t even on the pitch.

Pipe down. We played 4-2-3-1 half of last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Guest said:

You talk some absolute shite.  442 with Ox on the left wing.  You’re a mad man.

You’re such a lol poster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Premier League Panel @PremLeaguePanel Oct 20

Henderson - 26 passes completed in 71 minutes

Keïta - 22 passes in 8 minutes

 

The mantra of picking the ball up deep, carrying it & playing a probing a pass or recycling is what Keïta has in abundance. His integration into the side is the next step in this LFC side’s evolution

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Premier League Panel @PremLeaguePanel Oct 20

Henderson - 26 passes completed in 71 minutes

Keïta - 22 passes in 8 minutes

 

The mantra of picking the ball up deep, carrying it & playing a probing a pass or recycling is what Keïta has in abundance. His integration into the side is the next step in this LFC side’s evolution

It helped that it was the latter stages of the game and United were sitting back. Henderson was poor but I blame this fairly on the shoulders of that international shitfest for his poor form. Hopefully Milner advises him to fuck it off and avoid having to retire 5 years earlier than he should.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Showed a lot of composure and poise yesterday. However, you have to be mindful of the effect of how tired United were chasing the ball for the majority of the game. But would definitely be looking to get him in the team now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It helped that it was the latter stages of the game and United were sitting back. Henderson was poor but I blame this fairly on the shoulders of that international shitfest for his poor form. Hopefully Milner advises him to fuck it off and avoid having to retire 5 years earlier than he should.

Henderson has been stinking out the place (more than usual) for several weeks. He even got his ass dragged off for Engerland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Henderson has been stinking out the place (more than usual) for several weeks. He even got his ass dragged off for Engerland.

I don't give a shit about England and wish he wasn't there at all. There is no doubt that his form has been way below last season and I think he's having a bit of a hangover from the emotion of the CL and the hectic start to our season. He does need a bit of a rest but with fuckin England he's not getting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 are good ideas in theory but we don't have any real wingers for 4-4-2 and we don't seem to want to play 4-2-3-1, maybe because we don't really have a #10 either. It was Shaqiri at one point, but that was scrapped quick and we've never stuck with Firmino there either. If we could stick with it, I'd like to see 4-2-3-1. I don't get why we don't play it more honestly.

 

4-3-3 with 3 strikers and attacking full backs is still the best formation but we need to mix in Oxlade, Keita and Lallana more. Wijnaldum, Milner and Henderson in the 2 more attacking midfield positions get stale at times. Not enough guile there.

Salah and Mané are more than capable on the wings, are they not?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Salah and Mané are more than capable on the wings, are they not?

Sure, but it would be stupid to put players who have thrived as forwards and who score upwards of 20 goals a season in a 4-4-2 wide midfield position behind two strikers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sure, but it would be stupid to put players who have thrived as forwards and who score upwards of 20 goals a season in a 4-4-2 wide midfield position behind two strikers. 

Mane Ox and Shaqiri are all capable of playing the wide midfield roles. In fact it’s Shaq’s natural position. I’d play Salah as a no 9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sure, but it would be stupid to put players who have thrived as forwards and who score upwards of 20 goals a season in a 4-4-2 wide midfield position behind two strikers. Also, because if they're on the wing, besides Firmino, we wouldn't have any other strikers. 

I thought Salah scored his record high number of goals in his first season while officially playing on the right wing? This resulted in Mané being moved over to the left, where he had previously been on the right side.

 

It's just another option. After all, if we are struggling to score goals against ultra defensive teams then what you lose in high score counts you make up in getting the result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I thought Salah scored his record high number of goals in his first season while officially playing on the right wing? This resulted in Mané being moved over to the left, where he had previously been on the right side.

 

It's just another option. After all, if we are struggling to score goals against ultra defensive teams then what you lose in high score counts you make up in getting the result.

Yeah, right wing in a 4-3-3, which isn't really right wing the way we play because Firmino drops deep. If you look at average player positioning after matches Salah is and has always been the furthest player forward.

 

He's essentially a wide striker. If you put him on the wing in a 4-4-2 he'd have to track back more and play wider/deeper. It's just not what he would do best

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Mane Ox and Shaqiri are all capable of playing the wide midfield roles. In fact it’s Shaq’s natural position. I’d play Salah as a no 9.

Mane is so good playing as a forward it's just a waste having him play an actual wing role. He could do it because he has the work rate and the stamina, but why would we put him further away from goal? And less central? Chamberlain has been awful anytime he's played wide for us, it would just be an unnecessary experiment. He's played there in preseason and it doesn't look good. Shaqiri barely plays. We're not gonna sacrifice a centre mid to play Shaqiri on the wing. When he's come in it's usually as a #10.

 

It's just awkward. We could play more 4-2-3-1, but 4-4-2 just doesn't make much sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Mane covers every blade of grass as it is.

 

Not sure a discussion about moving the last two years Golden boot winners out of position really has much merit tbh.

Mane played half of last season at AML.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for next season when we're playing Fabinho - Keita in a 2 and ahead of them it's:

 

Sancho - Firmino - Mane 

 

              Salah

 

Although to be honest with that front 4 you can pretty much play any of them in any of the 4 positions and it'll be pretty good. Going to destroy some teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×