Quantcast
Naby Keita - Page 179 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
viRdjil

Naby Keita

1 hour ago, beejay said:

To be fair to the system he plays in, Gini does get forward and into some great positions but boy, has he missed some sitters in his time as well as the spectacular.

He’s one of the most confounding players going around. Plays like Iniesta for the Netherlands, and plays like Didi for us.

12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Almost like Wijnaldum has a completely different role in a completely different team. Weird.

“Centre midfielder”. Okay mate.

12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Almost like Wijnaldum has a completely different role in a completely different team. Weird.

Exactly, yeah. 

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Yeah, nice one. Basically one step away from ‘Alisson and Mane play the same position of footballer’. It shouldn’t need to be said, but it gets broken down a bit from there. 

5 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Wum. 

Or retarded enough to think all centre mids are the same. 

12 hours ago, viRdjil said:

He’s one of the most confounding players going around. Plays like Iniesta for the Netherlands, and plays like Didi for us.

I'd change 'confounding' to 'underrated'. He's great for both ourselves and the Netherlands in very different roles.

Just verified with Transfermarkt, reason he scores more for the NT is that he plays as a no 10 for them. That make more sense now.

4FD114DA-C1AE-4640-9222-14C555ECE21A.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I'd change 'confounding' to 'underrated'. He's great for both ourselves and the Netherlands in very different roles.

I have no idea what he's like for the Netherlands but I still think he is quite erratic for us,often brilliant but can also be quite anonymous. He's certainly improved but I'd like to think there is more to come. A tremendously likeable player but one who perhaps doesn't quite believe had good he could still be?

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I have no idea what he's like for the Netherlands but I still think he is quite erratic for us,often brilliant but can also be quite anonymous. He's certainly improved but I'd like to think there is more to come. A tremendously likeable player but one who perhaps doesn't quite believe had good he could still be?

I think it's that when we play crap sides that sit back, which is quite a few teams in the league, his regular role of not getting forward and playing conservative passes is irritating. He usually seems like a passenger in those games. Meanwhile, against good sides when we defend more, his ball-retention, workrate and physical ability to win duels stands out a lot more.

For the Netherlands he just has more offensive responsibility.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think it's that when we play crap sides that sit back, which is quite a few teams in the league, his regular role of not getting forward and playing conservative passes is irritating. He usually seems like a passenger in those games. Meanwhile, against good sides when we defend more, his ball-retention, workrate and physical ability to win duels stands out a lot more.

For the Netherlands he just has more offensive responsibility.

International football isn't the same standard though to be fair. 

He did quite well yesterday when he come on I thought.  Tried to quicken up the pace of our passing.  He wasn’t taking the obvious option either in the final third which played quite an important part in our goal.  It gave Robertson the extra few yards to deliver his cross.

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, The Guest said:

He did quite well yesterday when he come on I thought.  Tried to quicken up the pace of our passing.  He wasn’t taking the obvious option either in the final third which played quite an important part in our goal.  It gave Robertson the extra few yards to deliver his cross.

He was ideal for a team sitting back and not looking to attack much. Gave him plenty of time on the ball and his sharpness helped us boss the latter stages of the game and equalise. AOC did a good job too.

I reckon we should go back to 4-4-2 against teams sitting deep.

————-Salah——————

————-Bobby—————-

Ox—Keita—Fabinho—Mane

Of course you can rotate in the likes of Shaq, Gini, Hendo etc.

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

I reckon we should go back to 4-4-2 against teams sitting deep.

————-Salah——————

————-Bobby—————-

Ox—Keita—Fabinho—Mane

Of course you can rotate in the likes of Shaq, Gini, Hendo etc.

So move Mane to accommodate Chamberlain in a position he doesn’t excel in.

6 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

So move Mane to accommodate Chamberlain in a position he doesn’t excel in.

He played well in that position yesterday. Happy to switch them around like. This also accommodated Keita in the only position he’s really excelled in, as part of a midfield two as opposed to three.

19 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

He played well in that position yesterday. Happy to switch them around like. This also accommodated Keita in the only position he’s really excelled in, as part of a midfield two as opposed to three.

4231 fullbacks pushed on as usual but two sitting midfielders. With the subs you can have nowadays I would have a punt with Elliott on the bench against bus parkers.

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

4231 fullbacks pushed on as usual but two sitting midfielders. With the subs you can have nowadays I would have a punt with Elliott on the bench against bus parkers.

Yeah I wouldn’t be opposed to it. He looks to me more a a Lallana type AM than a Salah type FW. I reckon he’ll get loads more game time next season when Lallana’s off.

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Yeah I wouldn’t be opposed to it. He looks to me more a a Lallana type AM than a Salah type FW. I reckon he’ll get loads more game time next season when Lallana’s off.

He is supremely talented, we could have a real gem here. 

4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 are good ideas in theory but we don't have any real wingers for 4-4-2 and we don't seem to want to play 4-2-3-1, maybe because we don't really have a #10 either. It was Shaqiri at one point, but that was scrapped quick and we've never stuck with Firmino there either. If we could stick with it, I'd like to see 4-2-3-1. I don't get why we don't play it more honestly.

4-3-3 with 3 strikers and attacking full backs is still the best formation but we need to mix in Oxlade, Keita and Lallana more. Wijnaldum, Milner and Henderson in the 2 more attacking midfield positions get stale at times. Not enough guile there.

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Some of the touches Wiji had early on had plenty of guile. The chance he created for himself really deserved a goal.

Yes, but in general for us he is extremely un-creative. Although, to be fair to him that's not his primary role.

6 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I’d stick with the 433 that’s put us in the position we are in and not come up with some knee jerk reaction because Salah wasn’t even on the pitch.

It was merely a discussion on our options. Especially when players like Salah are not available. I will however trust the manager as he knows more than us.