You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

I reckon we should go back to 4-4-2 against teams sitting deep.

————-Salah——————

————-Bobby—————-

Ox—Keita—Fabinho—Mane

Of course you can rotate in the likes of Shaq, Gini, Hendo etc.

So move Mane to accommodate Chamberlain in a position he doesn’t excel in.

6 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

So move Mane to accommodate Chamberlain in a position he doesn’t excel in.

He played well in that position yesterday. Happy to switch them around like. This also accommodated Keita in the only position he’s really excelled in, as part of a midfield two as opposed to three.

19 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

He played well in that position yesterday. Happy to switch them around like. This also accommodated Keita in the only position he’s really excelled in, as part of a midfield two as opposed to three.

4231 fullbacks pushed on as usual but two sitting midfielders. With the subs you can have nowadays I would have a punt with Elliott on the bench against bus parkers.

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

4231 fullbacks pushed on as usual but two sitting midfielders. With the subs you can have nowadays I would have a punt with Elliott on the bench against bus parkers.

Yeah I wouldn’t be opposed to it. He looks to me more a a Lallana type AM than a Salah type FW. I reckon he’ll get loads more game time next season when Lallana’s off.

4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 are good ideas in theory but we don't have any real wingers for 4-4-2 and we don't seem to want to play 4-2-3-1, maybe because we don't really have a #10 either. It was Shaqiri at one point, but that was scrapped quick and we've never stuck with Firmino there either. If we could stick with it, I'd like to see 4-2-3-1. I don't get why we don't play it more honestly.

4-3-3 with 3 strikers and attacking full backs is still the best formation but we need to mix in Oxlade, Keita and Lallana more. Wijnaldum, Milner and Henderson in the 2 more attacking midfield positions get stale at times. Not enough guile there.

6 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I’d stick with the 433 that’s put us in the position we are in and not come up with some knee jerk reaction because Salah wasn’t even on the pitch.

It was merely a discussion on our options. Especially when players like Salah are not available. I will however trust the manager as he knows more than us. 

4 hours ago, The Guest said:

He did quite well yesterday when he come on I thought.  Tried to quicken up the pace of our passing.  He wasn’t taking the obvious option either in the final third which played quite an important part in our goal.  It gave Robertson the extra few yards to deliver his cross.

He demanded the ball, looked to get forward, didn't always play the obvious pass, and passed at pace.

If he can stay fit and build some confidence, he'll improve us significantly. If...

Premier League Panel @PremLeaguePanel Oct 20

Henderson - 26 passes completed in 71 minutes

Keïta - 22 passes in 8 minutes

The mantra of picking the ball up deep, carrying it & playing a probing a pass or recycling is what Keïta has in abundance. His integration into the side is the next step in this LFC side’s evolution

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Premier League Panel @PremLeaguePanel Oct 20

Henderson - 26 passes completed in 71 minutes

Keïta - 22 passes in 8 minutes

The mantra of picking the ball up deep, carrying it & playing a probing a pass or recycling is what Keïta has in abundance. His integration into the side is the next step in this LFC side’s evolution

It helped that it was the latter stages of the game and United were sitting back. Henderson was poor but I blame this fairly on the shoulders of that international shitfest for his poor form. Hopefully Milner advises him to fuck it off and avoid having to retire 5 years earlier than he should.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It helped that it was the latter stages of the game and United were sitting back. Henderson was poor but I blame this fairly on the shoulders of that international shitfest for his poor form. Hopefully Milner advises him to fuck it off and avoid having to retire 5 years earlier than he should.

Henderson has been stinking out the place (more than usual) for several weeks. He even got his ass dragged off for Engerland.

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Henderson has been stinking out the place (more than usual) for several weeks. He even got his ass dragged off for Engerland.

I don't give a shit about England and wish he wasn't there at all. There is no doubt that his form has been way below last season and I think he's having a bit of a hangover from the emotion of the CL and the hectic start to our season. He does need a bit of a rest but with fuckin England he's not getting it.