Quantcast
Naby Keita - Page 177 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
viRdjil

Naby Keita

Haha. You have to call things as you see them. I don't mind being wrong.

I don't mind if people think I'm a dick. Really I don't.

Hope Naby comes good.

• Upvote 3

I think his main issue is that when he plays he's still trying to do what he did in the Bundesliga, in that he tries to take on a few players and get as near to the box as possible before shooting or looking for a lay off. He needs to get rid of the ball quicker, he certainly has a pass in him and we always have the front three making runs, if not just lay it off to a fellow midfielder and move into space. Taking on one player too many is leading to all the knocks he gets. 

• Like 1

My best bit of him in Red was when he flicked behind his leg just outside our box to get clean away then hit one with the outside of his foot 50 yards and dropped it on Mo's lap clean through. Salah botched it.

It has never really approached that since.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

My best bit of him in Red was when he flicked behind his leg just outside our box to get clean away then hit one with the outside of his foot 50 yards and dropped it on Mo's lap clean through. Salah botched it.

I think that was palace away last season. He gave the ball away 2 minutes later in an easier position ,summing up his Liverpool career to date. 

15 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

That'll be this one.

OYrH203.gif

• Upvote 12

Can you feel it, see it, hear it today?
If you can't, then it doesn't matter anyway
You will never understand it 'cause it happens too fast
And it feels so good, it's like walking on glass
It's so cool, it's so hip, it's alright
It's so groovy, it's outta sight
You can touch it, smell it, taste it so sweet
But it makes no difference 'cause it knocks you off your feet

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Fucking love Jim Martin's work in that.

22 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Salah thinks he's bigger than the club.

7 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I reckon he's the real thing.

The whole situation with him is just weird.  In just the last couple of pages you can see people coming up with all sorts of reasons for him not really doing it and I don’t think any of them are right.  I could probably count the amount of times he’s tried to dribble past players in the whole time he’s been here on one hand.  He’s probably had less than 10 shots as well.  I don’t get this view that he’s trying to do what he did in the Bundesliga and is trying to dribble past too many players because it’s just not a reality.

The next one “he needs to pass it quicker” has got some elements of truth to it but I don’t think in the manner it was suggested.  He plays first time easy passes a lot of the time in the opposition half.  I don’t have a lot of problem with that but we aren’t going to unlock defences with him doing that if he’s doing it every single time and it’s surely not what we signed him for.   He can get caught dawdling on the ball in our half sometimes and it looks so amateurish because as much shit as our midfielders take they’re very professional in that position and it almost never happens when it’s anyone else so it really sticks out for me.

Personally I think his main problem and Klopp will almost definitely be thinking it is that the number 8 positions for us need to be disciplined.  They need to cover the full backs when they go forward and they also can’t be the players to lose the ball because that’s our biggest danger of conceding.   He doesn’t really compare in style to any of the other number 8’s in the squad which should obviously be a good thing but when he plays I think he puts the whole game plan out of kilter.  It might be one of the reasons he makes those first time easy passes because he doesn’t want to risk possession but it almost definitely reduces his whole game.

I’m in the camp that I don’t think it will work out here because he’s going to need time and a lot of games and he’s not going to get that because of the abundance of players we have in his position and the amount of games we are winning with those players playing there.

• Upvote 2

I'm wondering if he might be able to do a good job in the front 3 when it needs changing round, particularly in the deeper Firmino position.  It's got to be worth a go if he can't do the correct job in midfield.  Not ready to write him off yet though. 

22 minutes ago, Moo said:

I'm wondering if he might be able to do a good job in the front 3 when it needs changing round, particularly in the deeper Firmino position.  It's got to be worth a go if he can't do the correct job in midfield.  Not ready to write him off yet though. 

If Kopp thought that he would have played him there in the Barca away instead of playing him at 8 and Gini as the 9.

He was starting in the big games after Christmas last year so the manager likew what he sees. There is a very good player there, just need to see it more consistently

He is too easily shrugged aside by defenders for me. he has shown one or two nice touches since he arrived . But no where near as much as needed  to nail down a starting place in the squad.

Excuses aside and there have been plenty he has been poor. I was expecting a hot headed box to box midfield enforcer who had great engine and could play a bit. Not what I see on pitch. Since he highly rated in Germany I propose a swap plus cash for Havertz before Munich swoop.

Beginning to think we'll see nothing but average work horses in our midfield tbh. 

It's never really worked for Klopp doing anything else.