Quantcast
Naby Keita - Page 176 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
viRdjil

Naby Keita

If you looked at his organic matter under a powerful microscope you will see he is made of billions of little Adam lallanas. God knows what you see when you look at lallana under a microscope, probably billions of xbox 360s.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, moof said:

He will be a real weapon for us when he’s fit and firing. The type of player that can genuinely improve us, which is a frightening prospect for opposing teams. 

I'm at the stage where I'll believe it when I see it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, moof said:

He will be a real weapon for us when he’s fit and firing. The type of player that can genuinely improve us, which is a frightening prospect for opposing teams. 

Agree. The question is whether or not he’ll be able to stay fit over longer spells. If he can do that, no doubt he’s both a brilliant player as well as one offering something completely different compared to our other midfielders.

It can only get better for him.  Still a better shot than oxocube bringing the creativity you'd want to the middle of the park. 

I'm not too sure if we're ever gonna be able to get someone in there that isn't a work horse water carrier.    Our full backs are a different breed. 

• Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

After this international break, this is when we need to see the player we've waited for. It's been a damp squib of a signing so far but he must have the talent.

He certainly has the talent. The problem is that I don’t think he relishes the physicality of the PL. He seems to hide from the ball after getting kicked.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

After this international break, this is when we need to see the player we've waited for. It's been a damp squib of a signing so far but he must have the talent.

It’s the one spot which could really take us up a notch to absolute invisibility if he could be the Kante with extra dribbling and through balls that we thought we were getting.

Don’t think it will happen though.

29 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

He'll come right. 

He will, he's a really good player. Watched him lots of times when he was in Germany. 

Klopp wouldn't have wanted him here if he wasn't good enough. Sadios best mate too so when they get together it'll be really good. 

QmxhHhW.jpeg

There's no doubting the talent.  Klopp doesn't wait a year for someone who doesn't have an abundance of something that makes him special.  It could be the physicality of the football, plus repeated niggling injuries.

If he ignites he could be the game changer when the going gets tough around Christmas.  And it will get tough at some point.

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

It’s the one spot which could really take us up a notch to absolute invisibility if he could be the Kante with extra dribbling and through balls that we thought we were getting.

Don’t think it will happen though.

We'd be out of sight at the top.

He is tough enough to play here, anyone who watched him regularly in Germany can tell you that. Seems to me he is playing differently, probably been told he would be hammered with cards over here. A lot were harsh in Germany, he was getting yellows for nothing at one point.

1 hour ago, scudger99 said:

There's no doubting the talent.  Klopp doesn't wait a year for someone who doesn't have an abundance of something that makes him special.  It could be the physicality of the football, plus repeated niggling injuries.

If he ignites he could be the game changer when the going gets tough around Christmas.  And it will get tough at some point.

Is this post copy and pasted from the same time last year? 

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Is this post copy and pasted from the same time last year? 

Laddie, when you get to my age you struggle to remember last fucking month never mind last year !

I don't believe he will ever be good enough - to be a first choice player for us.

I don't mean to be overly pessimistic - but I haven't seen enough from him to show he has the ability and consistency be a top player in the Prem.

• Upvote 1

On 17/09/2019 at 14:41, Bobby Hundreds said:

If you looked at his organic matter under a powerful microscope you will see he is made of billions of little Adam lallanas. God knows what you see when you look at lallana under a microscope, probably billions of xbox 360s.

Millions upon millions of tiny trial-pack size containers of moisturiser-for-men.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He is tough enough to play here, anyone who watched him regularly in Germany can tell you that. Seems to me he is playing differently, probably been told he would be hammered with cards over here. A lot were harsh in Germany, he was getting yellows for nothing at one point.

Yep. The Bundesliga is every bit as physical as the PL.

I personally think he's just finding it hard to settle into life in the UK, he'll come good. 

• Upvote 1

I hope you are right  - rather than me, mate.

I guess getting kicked and pushed in any league is much the same - but the pace combined with this physicality seem to make the Prem a bit different.

1 minute ago, Jennings said:

I hope you are right  - rather than me, mate.

I guess getting kicked and pushed in any league is much the same - but the pace combined with this physicality seem to make the Prem a bit different.

A good point, players do tend to get more time on the ball in other leagues. Even if he doesn't come good I'm pretty sure we'll end up getting a large chunk of what we paid for the lad, should things pan out that way. I think he'll come good though, he just needs to stay away from these niggling injuries. 

Writing players off is a fools game. If you’re wrong, you look like a dick - if you’re right, you’ve got a shit player at your club. Nothing really to be gained from that. 

Besides, I’ve seen plenty in his career that leads me to believe he will tear the league a new one... when he’s ready, like 

any time soon would be nice, Nabs