Quantcast
Naby Keita - Page 174 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
viRdjil

Naby Keita

Great. Already suspected we had a new Lallana/Sturridge player on our hands based on last seasons constant injuries. Not cut out for the Premier league it seems. Constant muscle injuries, never a good sign. The stats folks apparently are not looking at injury stats.

1 hour ago, Johnlj said:

Great. Already suspected we had a new Lallana/Sturridge player on our hands based on last seasons constant injuries. Not cut out for the Premier league it seems. Constant muscle injuries, never a good sign. The stats folks apparently are not looking at injury stats.

In fairness, notwithstanding Alisson's hopefully minor injury, all our big  signings of the last few years (Keita aside) have proved remarkably durable in what have effectively been 12 month seasons. Salah, Mane, Firmino, Virgil, Robbo.

Anyway, not every signing works out, however perfect it seems initially. This one's certainly veering in a certain direction.

10 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Anyway, not every signing works out, however perfect it seems initially. This one's certainly veering in a certain direction.

It’s not looking great is it. 

Though to be fair to the club, I don’t know anyone who wasn’t made up when we signed him. 

He appeared a beast and perfect for the PL. 

16 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Though to be fair to the club, I don’t know anyone who wasn’t made up when we signed him. 

A much bigger buzz among fans than when we signed Mane, Salah, Virgil or Alisson. As you say, he seemed perfect.

26 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I still think he will do ok. I think this injury is an extension of him being forced to play in the AFCON when obviously not ready. Fuckin international football,don't get me started on that shit.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Keita will be fine. Physically and on the pitch.

Exactly this. Bit hysterical

I was on cloud 9 on the build up to signing Naby and when we actually signed him. From the start it was apparent that he needed to be eased into the league (which Klopp does well) and when he was given a few games started to look like the player we thought we were getting. 

I hope he gets through this shit and becomes a first team player tearing up this league cos he deserves it. We just need to get behind I’m during this bad spot. 

• Upvote 1

Hmmmmm.

“[He is] not available,” said Jürgen Klopp at his pre-match press conference.

“It’s a muscle thing and we don’t know exactly how long it will take. But he’s not available.”