You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

Has been absolute dog shit for 3/4 of the season and i expected him to totally flop after so many bad games or lack of games, but he is improving every game now so there is still chance for him to be a big part of this team for the coming years, still a long way to go but its looking positive  

That's a fair assessment. If he can continue what he's been doing in the last few games he definitely has a future here.

I wouldn’t be taking him out of the team now.  He was doing those defensive things last night I didn’t think he was capable of.  He saved us at least twice.  He was absolutely all over them pressing as well.  I thought it was his best game.  I know it was against Huddersfield but I thought they played quite well for half an hour and Keita was our best player in that period.  It’s positive to see this happening for the run in and for next season.

8 hours ago, Jennings said:

Still not right for me. But improving. Don't have the stats but it appears that he concedes the ball a fair bit and is dislodged from the ball frequently. I worry when he is possession that he isn't going to find a red shirt. Getting better though.

I so much want him to be awesome. 

You’ve made your bed, now it’s bedtime 

9 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Out for 3 to 4 weeks with a groin injury so his season is over.

Still fucked off Rakitic didn't get a booking for that shithouse tackle. Intentional or not, it was reckless. 

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Changed the game when he went off

I was thinking this myself but if you look at it we still had loads of the ball and created chances after he went off.  Henderson didn’t close the cross for the first goal but it’s probably unlikely that Keita would have either.  In the late stages Henderson looked like he had lead boots on in and around the box but he did well mostly before that.

Guest Alex_K
1 hour ago, The Guest said:

I was thinking this myself but if you look at it we still had loads of the ball and created chances after he went off.  Henderson didn’t close the cross for the first goal but it’s probably unlikely that Keita would have either.  In the late stages Henderson looked like he had lead boots on in and around the box but he did well mostly before that.

Its Milner who would have closed the cross - Keita was playing on the other side of the pitch. We had to move Milner over to put Henderson in and that reshuffle immediate precipitated the goal. 

1 hour ago, LF:D said:

I don't agree.

We were pretty similar before & after he went off.

We lost impetus for a bit while we reshuffled and they scored while we were doing so. Henderson did fine but with no Firmino we needed more of an attacking threat from midfield which we didnt get as much of. I think Oxlade Chamberlain might have been an option if he was fitter.

• Upvote 1

Klopp knew Firmino would be out and had trained all week with that starting 11 tactically - to lose a key player in that setup while we were very much in control certainly took the wind out of our sails a little. 

He should have brought Ox on for Wijinaldaum in the second half.

• Upvote 3

Keita had been excellent over the last few weeks, and nowhere near as bad earlier in the season as many claim.

Like all other players however, he needs to manage to stay fit. If he can do that in preseason, and for the whole of next season, we have a top class midfielder. Him and Fabinho look like very good additions, and midfield wont be a priority in the summer window.

19 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We lost impetus for a bit while we reshuffled and they scored while we were doing so. Henderson did fine but with no Firmino we needed more of an attacking threat from midfield which we didnt get as much of. I think Oxlade Chamberlain might have been an option if he was fitter.

I thought we played so well on the night.  Before & after Keita.

Their goal came because Van Dijk didn't track the excellent run by Suarez.  Van Dijk has been immense this season, but that was poor defending by him.  

Shame Keita is injured he was really starting to thrive. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, LF:D said:

I thought we played so well on the night.  Before & after Keita.

Their goal came because Van Dijk didn't track the excellent run by Suarez.  Van Dijk has been immense this season, but that was poor defending by him.  

Shame Keita is injured he was really starting to thrive. 

Disagree. The cross for their goal was fantastic and Suarez finished it brilliantly. I haven't seen a rerun but in my mind's eye I felt Gomez was originally the one to carry blame(if anybody was) by allowing somebody to get outside him and allow the cross.

8 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Disagree. The cross for their goal was fantastic and Suarez finished it brilliantly. I haven't seen a rerun but in my mind's eye I felt Gomez was originally the one to carry blame(if anybody was) by allowing somebody to get outside him and allow the cross.

Crosses will happen, I think maybe we could have closed that down quicker, but Van Dijk could see Suarez's run, & he had a head start but just left him.

It was poor defending by him.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

mE7Ed9D.gif

• Upvote 1

Great centre forward play, but a series of small errors from us; Henderson should try to stop the cross rather than dangling a leg and turning away, Van Dijk should see the run and Alisson should just make himself big rather than gambling on where the ball might go. Three chances to stop it, but to be fair they all come within the blink of an eye.