Quantcast
Naby Keita - Page 152 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

aRdja

Naby Keita

6 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Are you an AOC fan then? You’ve never mentioned it.

He’s one of the players that I like the most as he offers something unique that our other midfielders don’t possess, and that he seems a nice bloke from interviews, etc.

Just now, aRdja said:

He’s one of the players that I like the most as he offers something unique that our other midfielders don’t possess, and that he seems a nice bloke from interviews, etc.

He seems a nice lad alright. He was beginning to look really good before the injury. Hopefully he comes back in the same way he was playing then.

As for Keita I agree with whoever said it above, not easy to get your rythym in a team were every game now is so important. He will get there eventually, Iam shocked he never hit the ground running but you just never know.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

My biggest concern with Keita is how easy and often he loses the ball in midfield.

Yeah it is a worry, he wasn’t really like that in Germany although normally he is looking to make something happen. The huge quality is there, it needs to come out now. 

It might seem obvious but I think Klopp needs to tell him to play the whistle. He has been caught two or three times stopping waiting for the foul which didn't come. So far he has gotten away with it but between that and getting pushed off the ball I don't think Klopp will trust him to get up to the pace and physicality of the league this year.

I'll never again doubt a player Klopp signs. If he was willing to wait a year for him then I'm willing to wait until he has a run in the team. He will be the dogs bollox. 

I think this game will be the game when it clicks for him. He looked good away at Palace, so knows he can do it against them. Plus, they will not leave their half so he will be encouraged to drive forward. 

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

I don’t think think you do. It’s very clear to see IMO. You always try to dampen down any excitement about Ox, even after his MOM displays. Not that there’s anything particularly wrong with it. People have their likes and dislikes e.g., Sakho couldn’t do anything right in my eyes for a season or two.

I'm a bit old fashioned in that I tend to like to see a consistent run of performances from a player,eg over a season or two before I make a solid judgement on a player,Keita included too. There are exceptions such as VVD and Alisson but VVD has been playing solidly for a season and Alisson for half of that. As I am a grown man and older than all our players,and even manager,I tend to leave all the hero worship to the young kids and teenagers.

10 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm a bit old fashioned in that I tend to like to see a consistent run of performances from a player,eg over a season or two before I make a solid judgement on a player,Keita included too. There are exceptions such as VVD and Alisson but VVD has been playing solidly for a season and Alisson for half of that. As I am a grown man and older than all our players,and even manager,I tend to leave all the hero worship to the young kids and teenagers.

Fuck, I just realised I was older than the manager too.

Gini a doubt for this game, so I think it's a virtual certainty he'll start. I have every confidence that by the end of the season those who are doubting him (for justifiable reasons, I might add, given how he's played in a red shirt) will be excited to have him. This would be a great game to get that started.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Gini a doubt for this game, so I think it's a virtual certainty he'll start. I have every confidence that by the end of the season those who are doubting him (for justifiable reasons, I might add, given how he's played in a red shirt) will be excited to have him. This would be a great game to get that started.

Dont get me wrong, i hope he proves me wrong a thousand times. 

Who was it on here used to tweet players with tactical advice and encouragement in 2013/14? JP? We need him on the case for this one. 

• Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Who was it on here used to tweet players with tactical advice and encouragement in 2013/14? JP? We need him on the case for this one. 

You say that like it could ever have been anyone but JP.

Negged.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, No2 said:

I'll never again doubt a player Klopp signs. If he was willing to wait a year for him then I'm willing to wait until he has a run in the team. He will be the dogs bollox. 

I have my doubts about Karius if I'm honest.