You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

“...despite being poor.”

Yeah, about that.....

Most of the team were poor today bar Joe

Alison gave away a soft goal, Gini was nowhere and even big Virg wasn't looking good

I find this scapegoating o Henderson to be hysterical, stupid and embarrassing 

Why do we always have to have a scapegoat?

Alison gave away a soft goal, Gini was nowhere and even big Virg wasn't looking good

Scapegoat? Just seems to me you like him and many others don’t. Don’t try to make it seem like it’s more than it’s not.

I don’t think he’s a scapegoat, mate; he’s just not of required quality to be the captain and hasn’t been for a long time. That’s okay, it doesn’t make him a cunt, like some people have been calling Alisson, it makes him a long term issue that needs to be addressing.

We've always had a designated scapegoat for as long as I remember... do other teams have them? Guessing they do

The first official scapegoat I remember was Ronnie Whelan then there was John Wark and Gary Ablett and Kevin Mcdonald and good old Lucas Leiva held that position for many years. It's boring.

Henderson isn't brilliant and I expect him to be superseded this year but he wasn't any worse than many others yesterday

Loads are trying to pin the blame for the goal on him which I find dishonest and distasteful

Haven't read the comments about Henderson but I think if midfield has been weak, a new player comes in to correct it - does so - and is then replaced with the previous player and flaws once again appear- questions about the ability of the previous incumbent will be asked.

I'd like to see both play together actually. Henderson isn't a holding player, he should be at the other end of the pitch.

We've always had a designated scapegoat for as long as I remember... do other teams have them? Guessing they do

The first official scapegoat I remember was Ronnie Whelan then there was John Wark and Gary Ablett and Kevin Mcdonald and good old Lucas Leiva held that position for many years. It's boring.

Henderson isn't brilliant and I expect him to be superseded this year but he wasn't any worse than many others yesterday

Loads are trying to pin the blame for the goal on him which I find dishonest and distasteful

Just reading between the lines here you’re basically saying Stringy is a cunt and you wouldn’t be seen dead in Florence, much less wearing that shirt?

I wouldn’t want to put words in your mouth or anything but it’s pretty clear tbh mate.

Jose has plenty of scapegoats.

I don’t think Henderson can be the same player he was in 2014. He’s more suited to be someone playing deep now. The problem comes when they play him with Milner and/or without someone dynamic alongside him. He can still serve a purpose and came on and did a decent job against Palace for example. He’s just so beige really, always passing the ball backwards and pointing.

• Upvote 1

Haven't read the comments about Henderson but I think if midfield has been weak, a new player comes in to correct it - does so - and is then replaced with the previous player and flaws once again appear- questions about the ability of the previous incumbent will be asked.

I'd like to see both play together actually. Henderson isn't a holding player, he should be at the other end of the pitch.

Henderson doesn't have the touch, dribbling ability or creativity to play further up the pitch at a big club. in a 4-3-3, holding midfield is the only place you can put him. Maybe at West Ham he could play further up the pitch but not at Liverpool. 

• Upvote 1

Henderson doesn't have the touch, dribbling ability or creativity to play further up the pitch at a big club. in a 4-3-3, holding midfield is the only place you can put him. Maybe at West Ham he could play further up the pitch but not at Liverpool. 

Yep. He's not really good enough as a holding midfielder but he'd be even worse further up the pitch. Let's get rid of him.

Just reading between the lines here you’re basically saying Stringy is a cunt and you wouldn’t be seen dead in Florence, much less wearing that shirt?

I wouldn’t want to put words in your mouth or anything but it’s pretty clear tbh mate.

Haha, when you put it like that....

I didn't think that was Florence; Magaluf is more his style and as for the shirt

• 1 month later...