You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It’s difficult to judge his first three games playing a different role from AOC’s last three. Three games have been two very, very difficult to break down, deep, congested games. He has only been free to attack in one. He’s excellent, but not competing with AOC. He is just finding his feet. A lot more to come. After a full season, he’ll be flying.

You maybe right. Ox to replace Milner next season.

Obviously, unless you're a complete and utter moron.

I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss it. Remember we only won one game from the last seven games he didn’t start last season. Ox was our best midfielder towards the back end of last season. He even managed to outplay Silva and KdB; two of the best CMs in the world.

I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss it. Remember we only won one game from the last seven games he didn’t start last season. Ox was our best midfielder towards the back end of last season. He even managed to outplay Silva and KdB; two of the best CMs in the world.

Oh wise the fuck up, Ox has had what eight average as fuck seasons as a pro footballer (including last year)  Kieta is universally thought of as one of the most talented midfielders in the world.

I don't think Keita has been that suited to being the most forward of the midfielders, which is where he's been mostly so far. And our midfield is really lacking some goals. Obviously it's very early days, but Milner never scores from open play. Wijnaldum has been the deepest, so can't blame him, but he's very streaky anyway.

I don't think the team as a whole has really been as good in attack from the last couple of months of last season into the very early start of this.

Ox was a threat from distance last season, particularly against Man City, and I think we'd look a fair bit better with him in there bombing on alongside Keita.

• Upvote 4

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Klopp take him out the team for next Saturday and get Henderson in.

I don’t think he’s settled here yet. Klopp’s interview last week saying he doesn’t know if he loves us as the kid doesn’t speak to anyone other than Mane and Mane’s interview with new balance saying he’s made up he’s having English lessons as he’s been a pain in the arse having to nurse him. Both said in a joking way like, but.

Noticed the last 2 games the confidence drains from him after giving a simple pass away. He started great against palace but after giving the ball straight to Townsend who then hit the bar, and then giving a simple pass straight back to Brighton at the start of the 2nd half from which they could have scored, he disappeared.

Kids clearly talented but I don’t think we’ll see the best of him till Xmas.

You maybe right. Ox to replace Milner next season.

I think we, as a fanbase, need to adjust our thinking. We're going to be fighting for honours on all fronts over the next few years. There's going to be patches of form for both, there's going to be games for all. We need to stop thinking about the midfield spots as 'theirs'.

• Upvote 2

I don't think Keita has been that suited to being the most forward of the midfielders, which is where he's been mostly so far. And our midfield is really lacking some goals. Obviously it's very early days, but Milner never scores from open play. Wijnaldum has been the deepest, so can't blame him, but he's very streaky anyway.

I don't think the team as a whole has really been as good in attack from the last couple of months of last season into the very early start of this.

Ox was a threat from distance last season, particularly against Man City, and I think we'd look a fair bit better with him in there bombing on alongside Keita.

The midfield lacking goals point is bang on. Could really hurt us that in some of these closer games