You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I know its only Blackburn and I know its only a preseason game, but he looked the bomb tonight. He's gonna bum some teams to death this season.

I sent pretty much this exact message to my brother last night. He was tearing them a new asshole, but trying not to get carried away as it’s only Blackburn. This is the most positive I’ve felt for a longtime going into a season!

The way he stole the ball and set Studge's goal up was pure filth.  He seems to be linking up well with Studge in the games I've seen so far, which bodes well.  The thought of him supplying that kind of ammo for our front 3 is absolutely mouth watering.

There will be teams this season that just don't know what the fuck hit them.

• Upvote 1

I think he has gone under the radar a bit due to the protracted nature of his arrival but I think he will make a bigger difference than even Alisson to our trophy hopes.

Last season low block teams could defend the edge of their box knowing that the front three were a nightmare but that there was no real threat beyond that, but not this season.

He has a peculiar style when he runs with the ball - like he doesn't but still does have the ball under control...

Or is that just my impression?!

Yes.

He sort of does everything in that same style. Tackling, intercepting, cutting off passing lanes, dribbling - it's all right at the point of losing control. It's a bit disconcerting at first but once you get used to it it's brilliant to watch. A lot of his dribbling success comes when the opposing player thinks "he's about to lose this here, I can get it" and then when he reaches for it Naby's past them in the blink of an eye.

Yes.

He sort of does everything in that same style. Tackling, intercepting, cutting off passing lanes, dribbling - it's all right at the point of losing control. It's a bit disconcerting at first but once you get used to it it's brilliant to watch. A lot of his dribbling success comes when the opposing player thinks "he's about to lose this here, I can get it" and then when he reaches for it Naby's past them in the blink of an eye.

Suarez-esque.

Yes.

I can see that alright...

He has a peculiar style when he runs with the ball - like he doesn't but still does have the ball under control...

Or is that just my impression?!

My impression too. Its like a glitchy sort of style, as others have said Suarez was like it and l think Mane is to a certain extent.

Suarez-esque.

Yup.

That's exactly why when we were first linked I got so excited on here and said that he was exactly what you'd get if you played Suarez in midfield. That same mad I'm-better-than-you-and-I-know-it-and-you-know-it-too attitude, plus an absolute burning hatred of losing.

I'm telling you, before the end of the season Keita is going to be every Liverpool fan's favourite player and the most hated player in the league by everyone else. Just like Luis.

Edit: and it's definitely "KAY-ta." I don't know why our fans are constantly saying "KITE-a." I even heard one podcast where they called him "kee-EH-ta," which is bonkers.