You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He'll be brilliant next season but will probably knock off the following year like Mané and Mahrez. Hope the same doesn't happen to Salah. When was the last consistent elite African footballer?

Ya Ya Toure and Drogba were pretty damn good on a consistent basis.

Salif Diao was pretty consistent.

Nobody mocks the mighty Salif. The man wrestled lions as a warm up exercise for training.*

*And played like they'd eaten his legs. Yeah, yeah, yeah. We've heard all the jokes.

Isn't the fee different depending on whether they get in the Champions League or not? Anyone know what the difference is?

Yes, been reported by Reddy and several others. I think, if I'm not mistaken, that it's about £7m? Maybe £48m if they finish in the top 4 and £55m otherwise?

And I think we paid about £5m on top to get him signed last summer so it'll be either £53m or £60m total fee. I've been watching Bundesliga a fair bit this season and it's going to be 2 from 3 of Leverkusen, Shalke, and Leipzig to make the CL (assuming Dortmund are eventually going to put together a run and definitely qualify). Too close to call at this point, they're all good enough but inconsistent.

• Upvote 2

He'll be brilliant next season but will probably knock off the following year like Mané and Mahrez. Hope the same doesn't happen to Salah. When was the last consistent elite African footballer?

What? What the fuck?

Can you imagine Hades' response if someone else had posted that?

(And he'd be right.)

• Upvote 1

Nobody mocks the mighty Salif. The man wrestled lions as a warm up exercise for training.*

*And played like they'd eaten his legs. Yeah, yeah, yeah. We've heard all the jokes.

Thoroughly decent bloke, Salif. And as such, always seems to get invited to "legends" games, etc.

I remember watching an interview with him talking about all his charity projects in Africa. A good egg. In stark contrast to his ex international teammate, and next president of Senegal, El Hadji Cunt.

I honestly thought the Hades comment was a pisstake. It’s completely fucking thick if it’s a genuine question though. Players invariably are not consistent here because it’s the hardest league in the world. It’s got fuck all to do with what continent they are from. If it’s a genuine question it’s also insinuating you shouldn’t be signings players because of where they are from which is laughably thick.

I honestly thought the Hades comment was a pisstake. It’s completely fucking thick if it’s a genuine question though. Players invariably are not consistent here because it’s the hardest league in the world. It’s got fuck all to do with what continent they are from. If it’s a genuine question it’s also insinuating you shouldn’t be signings players because of where they are from which is laughably thick.

I thought it begged the question that more should be done to accomodate African players the way South American players are.

Scored last night. Best Augsburg 2 0 with Keita bagging the second .FSG not pleased though as they are up to second which means we have to pay more for him if they end up in the Champions league places.

Which would be fair enough. Not many enjoy paying more than they should for something.