You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adding more money on now really just equates to the £66m we offered last summer to get him. Pay it, we should have plenty of money to overpay on him now, get Lemar in and get Allison if that’s who Klopp wants, we’ve barely spent since Klopp been here and for the best part of Rodgers reign we only spent what we sold.

With this now seemingly put to bed, surely to fuck the club will bring in a body! Even origi would have been a massive benefit to us, better than Solanke in my opinion.

We need another attacker and even a stop gap would be preferable to nothing. Either that or time for Woodburn to be given his spurs and asked to step up

Leipzig are weird. Like their continuous statements he wouldnt be sold last summer yet continuing to invite interest. I dont quite get what game they were playing.

I suppose they made the best out of the situation in that we paid well above his release clause and they got him for another season.

I guess this means we wouldnt meet what they wanted for him to go now.

Wow, we don’t ever fail to make ourselves look like a bunch of soft cunts.

No way a club climbs down from a statement like that, so we won’t be seeing him until next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please explain how we’ve made ourselves a bunch of soft cunts? Apart from loads of rumours on twitter and all the ITK bullshit, the Club haven’t done or said anything as far as far as I’m aware. Really hard to look like soft cunts if that’s the case. But you’ll try and find a negative in everything to suit your agenda of negativity. Carry on.

• Upvote 1

I don't think this is actually true, but accepting your logic here, then you're essentially saying "we're going to spend an extra 20m, over and above what they think they're worth, to get one of these two players in January instead of waiting."

Well, if that's the case, don't you think Keita is the one to get? Lemar seems much the rawer player of the two, and if we are going to overpay for one of them I'd rather have Naby who is more ready to contribute to the second half of our season.

More a case of putting the money on a second player, rather than just spending more money on the one we've already signed and not being able to afford the second.

Please explain how we’ve made ourselves a bunch of soft cunts? Apart from loads of rumours on twitter and all the ITK bullshit, the Club haven’t done or said anything as far as far as I’m aware. Really hard to look like soft cunts if that’s the case. But you’ll try and find a negative in everything to suit your agenda of negativity. Carry on.

Pretty soft selling one of your best players without a replacement halfway through the season.

Pretty soft selling one of your best players without a replacement halfway through the season.

May well be but we don’t know what went on at the beginning of the season, promises that were given, whatever. Frencheyeglass clearly made out we’ve Made ourselves look like right cunts alluding to Keita and the RUMOURED attempts of getting him in early.

• 4 weeks later...

KEITA NOT MEETING LEIPZIG'S EXPECTATIONS

Leipzig boss Ralph Hasenhuttl has criticised midfielder Naby Keita for his below-par displays this season.

The Guinea international is set to join Liverpool this summer in a deal worth £48m.

However, the player has not been so consistent this campaign compared to the previous season, according to his manager.

"Naby is not as consistent this year as last year," Hasenhuttl said. "It's important that he brings his expectations back to normal levels.

"I'm not one who wants to motivate with fear. I don't immediately get the whip out in the classic sense and I don't kick the players non-stop."

"Naby is not as consistent this year as last year," Hasenhuttl said. "It's important that he brings his expectations back to normal levels.

He'll be brilliant next season but will probably knock off the following year like Mané and Mahrez. Hope the same doesn't happen to Salah. When was the last consistent elite African footballer?

• Downvote 1

He'll be brilliant next season but will probably knock off the following year like Mané and Mahrez. Hope the same doesn't happen to Salah. When was the last consistent elite African footballer?

You are Tony Henry West Ham's Director of Player Recruitment and i claim my £5 .

• Upvote 6