Quantcast
Naby Keita - Page 107 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
aRdja

Naby Keita

Bullshit that. It's not nearly enough if those two are just the Coutinho money.

Aye, we do. Totally agree.

But I don't see the point in the criticism? VVD & Keita in, Coutinho out. A good keeper next - but no second choice in January.

But I don't see the point in the criticism? VVD & Keita in, Coutinho out. A good keeper next - but no second choice in January.

For me, we have been financially conservative with our overall spending under Klopp. With massive new TV deals, increased commercial revenue, and champions league income, plus a surplus net spend under him, I feel as if signing Salah, Chamberlain, and Keita, plus VVD who they were going to get in the summer was from money already available. We need a keeper and a replacement for Coutinho - the latter being the minimum acceptable standard - for the dunces to make sense.

I generally defend FSG, but to kick on, we need to invest in this manager. I’ve never believed they have held back from making money available to spend, we’ve put 700m on players, but the last couple of seasons the maths has started to swing in the other direction. So I am expecting good investment in the summer, on top of normal amounts.

Yes it looks good but realistically in the summer if that money was not earmarked for them too ,how much money will we have to spend,cause last summer we spent hardly anything for a club our size .Go's back to net spend which is 20 million a season with these chancers,they will not deviate from that without selling for big money to reinvest

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah but if the right keeper isn't available then wait. That isn't the owners holding us back. More Klopp knowing what he wants.

In a sense we can wait. We are not winning the league, and neither Alisson or Oblak can play champions league - and the team (certainly with VVD & Keita) is good enough for top 4 and the FA cup.

Buying those two isn't spending the Coutinho money, it is buying the best players we can get now.

If he's everything he's supposed to be then playing Saturday,signing Sunday morning and playing Sunday afternoon should be a piece of piss.

Yes it looks good but realistically in the summer if that money was not earmarked for them too ,how much money will we have to spend,cause last summer we spent hardly anything for a club our size .Go's back to net spend which is 20 million a season with these chancers,they will not deviate from that without selling for big money to reinvest

Nah - you are just conflating two issues. If Coutinho stayed then VVD was still coming.

How are people thinking we have improved. Coutinho has been amazing. Who is going to cover that?

100% win ratio since Coutinho's iniury. Those numbers usually win stuff.

How are people thinking we have improved. Coutinho has been amazing. Who is going to cover that?

Our attack is still pretty good with Mane, Firminho and Salah.

Keita and Van Dijk vastly improves defence and midfield.

Obviously had Gourinho stayed it would have been evwn bettter but If we can bring in a replacement too, then this window would have been very good for us.

100% win ratio since Coutinho's iniury. Those numbers usually win stuff.

We dont win trophies and have just sold our best player without a replacement. We are scrapping for top 4. There is a huge amount of work to do in this window.

Would you prefer we didn't bring Keita in this window.

Keita and a coutinho replacement please.

Ideally. But I'm glad that we've got this done as it goes some way towards mitigating Coutinho's loss.

No such thing as a Coutinho replacement. Won't happen.

No Suarez replacement no Gerrard replacement no Alonso replacement no Torres replacement no Mascherano replacement etc.

We won't get a like for like, Coutinho has a set of skills unique to him, that's why he was so valuable.

However we can get a player in with a different set of skills that will become equally as valuable to the team in the near future, and I believe keita can be that guy.

• Upvote 4

Basically, our best team with coutinho had him playing in the midfield 3 and Lovren in defence. Keïta is an upgrade on Phil in that position, and we also have Van Dijk now. Hence, stronger first XI

Nah - you are just conflating two issues. If Coutinho stayed then VVD was still coming.

Do you think I would like to think so , but there track record is not good spending big without selling, only time will tell i hope your right