You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We paid £35M for AOC with 12 months left on contract.

Chelsea paid £15M for Barkley for half a season.

Man Utd just offered £25M for Sanchez for half a season.

Crazy as it sounds, unless we can sign a long term target who is more of a direct replacement for Coutinho this month, and that seems unlikely, I think we should sign Keita even if we pay €20M for the privilege of getting him now.

We may or may not finish top four, and if we don’t it will really damage our momentum, not to mention the hole it will put in our finances. Keita doesn’t guarantee top four if he comes in Jan, but he improves our chances and in a tight race it’s a move I would make.

Melissa Reddy‏Verified account @MelissaReddy_ 5m5 minutes ago

The situation with Naby Keita is still "in the balance." RB Leipzig are reluctant to sanction the early exit of the midfielder to #LFC, but he is pushing for it. A meeting is to be held prior to the weekend to decide next steps... http://www.goal.com/en/news/leipzig-consider-letting-naby-keita-join-liverpool-in/86g31lp35dbg1g2ww0d7rxke9

Sexy Melissa is usually spot on. But we should not pay an extra 20m for our own player. Make more sense to me to get in Goretzka or Pullisic for the double that.

Sexy Melissa is usually spot on. But we should not pay an extra 20m for our own player. Make more sense to me to get in Goretzka or Pullisic for the double that.

If Pulisic was available for Double thst it would be done. He would cost Dembele type money. So £100ml rising to £130-150ml

Which means nothing if his agents have signed a deal with Bayern or he wants to go to Bayern which looks kikely

Last I heard he hadn’t made a decision. I’m basing it off that, obviously. If the assumption your making is true, that has to change. Big what I’m basing it off is true it might be the difference between getting him and not. That ain’t nothin.

Just waiting for Klopp to poo-poo this in his presser this afternoon.

Probably but we should just pay the extra,  It could well mean the difference between success and failure this season , I dont understand fans worrying about being turned over for an extra few million. It will be paid in stages anyway and the owners can easily afford it

Probably but we should just pay the extra,  It could well mean the difference between success and failure this season , I dont understand fans worrying about being turned over for an extra few million. It will be paid in stages anyway and the owners can easily afford it

Oh, I totally agree with you. We'd be gutted if we decided against it and then went and missed out on a CL place by one point. Get it done FSG.

If Pulisic was available for Double thst it would be done. He would cost Dembele type money. So £100ml rising to £130-150ml

What has he done to warrant a price tag that high? Seems like another Januzaj form the bits I've seen of him. 

Good if we get him in early as he'll be well settled for next season.  Seems a ridiculous premium, but it's not my money.

Recent windows would suggest that Klopp is prepared to play the longer game to get the exact player he wants. Doesn't alter the fact that should we sustain any injuries or suspensions in the top third of the pitch that we'll struggle.

I believe we have agreed £48m at the moment. Looking at the prices quoted around the likes of Mahrez & Lemar I reckon if we go to £ 58 m / £ 60 m we would still be chopping at least £10 m off the real price & we would probably not have got him if it went to an auction in summer.

Get Keita in & a good goalkeeper & I think it would be a good January.

I believe we have agreed £48m at the moment. Looking at the prices quoted around the likes of Mahrez & Lemar I reckon if we go to £ 58 m / £ 60 m we would still be chopping at least £10 m off the real price & we would probably not have got him if it went to an auction in summer.

Echo said no incoming gk this month.

Ideally we sign a long term Coutinho replacement and get him here now - Lemar, Pulisic, whoever that is deemed to be. If that’s not possible, then bringing the Keita deal forward and paying a premium to do so is worth doing.

Is there anyone else, for €15-20M euros, who could have the same sort of impact on the rest of our season, boosting our prospects of securing top four and keeping the great momentum going?

If there is such a player, sign them. If not, pay the money and keep the reds marching up the hill.

His release clause was 48m. In the summer coming Barca could have bid 8bn for him if they wanted but if he fancied coming here instead then RB would still have had to accept the 48m because that was his release clause. The club offered them a premium a year early so that they agreed to the sale then and we could agree personal terms with him.

It’s one of the reasons why there were a few people flapping that if Keita has a change of heart mid season and somebody else comes along in the summer they could just offer the release clause themselves and agree different personal terms. I’ve never heard of this situation ever happening in football before but I wouldn’t be surprised if the player could null his personal terms agreement with us under the FIFA rules somehow.

On Pulisic, I read an independent article yesterday that mentioned £100M as the likely fee and I was shocked by this. But it also mentioned Man Utd would be very interested.

First and foremost he is a very good player - fast, skillful, an eye for goal, an eye for a pass and so on. He can play on the wing or move more centrally. He’s still very young so there’s plenty of improvement to come, and many more years of playing. On that basis, given the way the finances have gone through the roof in football, the mooted fee could almost be justified.

The other thing the Independent mentioned was that America hasn’t had a proper superstar player yet. There have been a few solid pros who did OK in the Prem e.g. Dempsey, Donovan, Howard etc. but America has not had anyone even remotely approaching superstar status. Pulisic could very well be that man.

The game is growing in America and (I almost feel dirty for saying it, so file under the sh**ness of modern football thread) the commercial upside that could be exploited here is enormous. With Pulisic in our ranks we would benefit from that and to American owners that could be very desirable.

First and foremost he’s a smashing player, and we know that Klopp really rates Pulisic on that front, as he already tried to sign him. I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if the bulk of the Coutinho fee is spent on signing Pulisic this summer.

Coutinho out is bad, but if we end up with VVD, Keita, Pulisic and a top goalkeeper, we will challenge for the title next season.

On Pulisic, I read an independent article yesterday that mentioned £100M as the likely fee and I was shocked by this. But it also mentioned Man Utd would be very interested.

First and foremost he is a very good player - fast, skillful, an eye for goal, an eye for a pass and so on. He can play on the wing or move more centrally. He’s still very young so there’s plenty of improvement to come, and many more years of playing. On that basis, given the way the finances have gone through the roof in football, the mooted fee could almost be justified.

The other thing the Independent mentioned was that America hasn’t had a proper superstar player yet. There have been a few solid pros who did OK in the Prem e.g. Dempsey, Donovan, Howard etc. but America has not had anyone even remotely approaching superstar status. Pulisic could very well be that man.

The game is growing in America and (I almost feel dirty for saying it, so file under the sh**ness of modern football thread) the commercial upside that could be exploited here is enormous. With Pulisic in our ranks we would benefit from that and to American owners that could be very desirable.

First and foremost he’s a smashing player, and we know that Klopp really rates Pulisic on that front, as he already tried to sign him. I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if the bulk of the Coutinho fee is spent on signing Pulisic this summer.

Coutinho out is bad, but if we end up with VVD, Keita, Pulisic and a top goalkeeper, we will challenge for the title next season.

You forgot to mention that he voted for Donald Trump so for that reason I hope we never sign the cunt .