You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can’t wait until he starts for us. It will be interesting to see if Henderson survives. Maybe it will be Henderson, Keita and Goretzka, as mentioned above.

Henderson was a box to box midfielder, but in the team we are becoming he will have to tuck in and excel at that role. With VVD behind and Keita and (hopefully) Goretzka in front, it’s all set up for him. Even at 47 years old and overweight, I might do OK in that set up!

I can imagine him trying to wrestle the arm-band off of Hendo in the same way Balotelli wrestled the ball off him for a penalty that time. Hendo will just walk away and flap his arms.

Balotelli should never have put Henderson in that position.

If Henderson caused a scene then the press would have had a field day. 

He was in a thankless position there.  Balotelli was just being a cunt - like usual.

Henderson should have a right battle for his shirt next season, exactly how it should be.  He's a very good player.  But Keita is going to be the star in our midfield and the rest will be battling to play with him, whether that's in a CM two or three. 

He is going to rip this league to shreds.

His ability to carry the ball forward and first past players, taking them out of the game is a sight to behold.

Cannot wait for him to get here.

You watched him regularly, dude? Or just seen him on YT etc?

Guest Pistonbroke

Anyone watched him regularly, for full 90 mins at a time?

Often mate, he's basically the heart of that Leipzig team who have been over performing in the big scheme of things. If I said Keita is a better all round midfielder than Kante would you get a stiffy? because he is imo. He offers way more in an offensive sense and still gets back to carry out defensive duties if called upon. He's strong in the tackle and intercepts passes a lot, always a good sign, the lad can read the game well. His best attribute for me is he is comfortable at carrying the ball out of a defensive position and setting up attacks as storms into the central MF areas. He hit the ground running after his transfer from Salzburg, plus both the Austrian and German leagues are more similar to the PL so I can't see him struggling to settle in. 

I'm excited and have been since we announced his signature. 

Anyone watched him regularly, for full 90 mins at a time?

Yep, several times, even before we signed him. Pretty much all of what's been said above.

His main asset is definitely his dribbling ability, which is quite rare in centre-mids. He is ridiculous quick at changing directions which makes him very good at driving through the centre with the ball, bit like Yaya Toure used to do. He's also one of the quickest thinkers I've ever seen, proper eyes on the back of the head stuff at times. Also very good at reading the game, so he does get his fair share of interceptions.

That said, he still has a couple of areas he can still improve upon. His vision is exceptional. He always plays with his head up, so is always spotting players in open spaces. However, he can be a bit casual with the execution of his passing. He can be guilty of underplaying his passes, not quite putting enough pace on them which may lead to opposition interceptions. Other than that, he obviously needs to cut down the fouls. He does tend to leave the foot in even when it's clear he can't win the ball anymore. But, overall his weaknesses pale in comparison to what he can bring, and can easily be worked on. Can't see him failing here.

• Upvote 2

That Steve-O gimp off GrandOldTeam who maintains that all Salah does is run fast, is telling all and sundry that Naby Keita is too small for this league.

If you were in any doubt about how boss he’s gonna be, you shouldn’t be now.

Pretty much spot on.  If they're saying he's going to be shite, then he's likely the best CM in world football now.

• Upvote 1

That Steve-O gimp off GrandOldTeam who maintains that all Salah does is run fast, is telling all and sundry that Naby Keita is too small for this league.

I’ve just had a saunter over there. I tell you what, they’re a spiteful, bitter bunch aren’t they! They must’ve had a lot of practice at it, they’re pretty good at it. Shame that’s all they’re good at, the stupid fucking pricks.

• Upvote 1

Remember when we were all waiting for Origi to join and even pushed for him to come early whilst he was in the midst of having a terrible season. This is better than that.

Same with cisse & Gonzales. The longer a player doesn't play for us the better he gets (see injuries for another time this happens).

I'm hoping that kieta bucks the trend but I'm equally mindful of not expecting too much too soon.

Well he's got to find some justification for that fat fucking cunt Rooney.