Quantcast
Naby Keita - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

aRdja

Naby Keita

We should just buy back Ibe and convert him.

Into a footballer

He was mocking me.

It's not merely the mockering that I dislike, but the idea that we'll forever have a thread about a great player we failed to sign, and it'll get bumped whenever they score for Bayern or whoever.

• Upvote 1

Mockering of the highest levels here - know who to blame when this goes South.

I reckon by South you mean Bayern?

A deal agreed in principle . That's better than monitoring isn't it ?

Can't wait for us to send Leipzig the apology letter, 

A deal agreed in principle . That's better than monitoring isn't it ?

Can't wait for us to send Leipzig the apology letter, 

I know there is a lot of rubbish "news" put out there about deals etc...But if this is us leaking this out then it is absolutely laughable we aren't learning - or it is deliberate and agenda driven

I know there is a lot of rubbish "news" put out there about deals etc...But if this is us leaking this out then it is absolutely laughable we aren't learning - or it is deliberate and agenda driven

Gabriel Marcotti is on the clubs payroll now?

If he has agreed terms then Leipzig know he wants to leave, so hopefully a fee will be agreed. I have a bad feeling Emre Can might be off though.

Timo Werner is doing well too. I read a snippet that he gets booed around Germany. Don't know what that's all about, but he can keep growing and can come and be our main signing next summer, after we establish a link with RBL this summer with the Keita deal.

Hope that all goes through.

As for defence, I think Bournemouth have signed a smashing player in Nathan Ake. I don't think the top clubs like to do business with each other, but if VVD is not attainable - and I suspect there's more to come in that saga, then Ake would have been a decent alternate to my mind. Strong, fast, athletic, a footballer. Left sided central defender who can also cover left back or play in a back three. Not as good in the air as VVD though, but a very good player for what Bournemouth have paid.

If he has agreed terms then Leipzig know he wants to leave, so hopefully a fee will be agreed. I have a bad feeling Emre Can might be off though.

Nah, I think Emre will stay. He'd be bonkers to leave us.

Hope you're right. If it's about playing time, then Emre is currently borderline as a regular starter if everyone is fit. He did well later in the season and showed some leadership when Henderson was out, but when both are fit and firing Henderson appears to get the nod. I know it's a squad game though, and there will be plenty of games next season, but if Can wants to play week in week out it's borderline, and that's before we sign Keita (hopefully).

• Upvote 1

Myabe we should ask the neigbours to handle our deals for us. They seem a bit better at it

Myabe we should ask the neigbours to handle our deals for us. They seem a bit better at it

The Everton name has very little use as clickbait so it never looks like they are dragging things out.