You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

I read the other day that Keita has featured in exactly half of our league games in his time with us.

The minutes in each of those league seasons is even more shocking:

18/19: 1,393 (equivalent to 15.47 games)

19/20: 813 (equivalent to 9.03 games)

20/21: 521 (equivalent to 5.78 games)

21/22: 1,174 (equivalent to 13.04 games)

22/23: 0 to date

154 league games he has been at club for.

He has featured in 76 of them

His minutes in those 76 are equivalent to just a shade over 43 games.

An absolute joke.

If he was an Everton player we will laughing our collective cocks off.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We should start by stopping trent from coming inside and pushing salah out wide. I want salah and Diaz where for some mad reason Trent and Robbo have been cutting in. We cant keep expecting Salah to recieve the ball far out wide run in an arc and nail it top left corner. I dont know, we just look a bit disjointed, injuries have hugely fucked us but the entire fanbase has been saying the numbers we have in midfield is irrelevant because they are mostly crocks. It's the most obvious huge flaw.

That’s exactly what Diaz did, and yes, that’s what we pay Mo for. 

18 minutes ago, an tha said:

I read the other day that Keita has featured in exactly half of our league games in his time with us.

An absolute joke.

Starting the player from bench over a long time destroys a players confidence. Origi happened to slot a few important goals in an otherwise wasted career starting from the bench.

2 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Starting the player from bench over a long time destroys a players confidence. Origi happened to slot a few important goals in an otherwise wasted career starting from the bench.

Think it is more a case of him being subbed off as opposed to on.

50 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Judging on how many people seem have come into the medical side of the club over the last 18 months I do wonder if there was an element of they were told/it was considered that there wasn't loads of money so persevere/fix/maximise what you have got. One of them being a £52m midfielder.

Of course, Klopp is always looking for marginal gains and naturally you want the best medical support you can have but there seems to be a lot of focus on getting Naby, the Ox and Matip fit.

Plus I do think he specifically has a soft spot for Naby and Thiago as he mentioned before they were the 2 best midfielders in Germany when he was there. 

I would be interested to know how much the analytics company play in the decisions made about who plays. Klopp's comment the other day about Hendo missing the game cause at the last minute something was spotted. Made it sound like Hendo himself hadn't given much indication of an issue.

I reckon the medical staff additions were about marginal gains. But even with marginal gains, you are expecting to see improvement. 

Naby wasn't the best midfielder in Germany when klopp was there. He only played there for 2 season and 1 of them he was already slated to be a Liverpool player. I think klopp has a soft spot for him as he can see what he does in training. As I said earlier, I think keita is just too much of a shithouse to take the training field to the match. 

I dunno what was wrong with Hendo on Monday. I didn't actually know he was injured till Tuesday when I read it on here (I knew Gomez missed because of injury). But it took seconds to see Hendo wasn't right when he came on imo as he wasn't running properly and quite often he was limping. They may have had stats too, but I'm sure klopp or the coaching team must have been able to see it. Ljinders has said in the past Henderson is a player who will always tell you he is ok. 

48 minutes ago, an tha said:

An absolute joke.

Wow. Knew it was bad, but that’s shocking. No way the club can offer him a new contract.

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I reckon the medical staff additions were about marginal gains. But even with marginal gains, you are expecting to see improvement. 

Naby wasn't the best midfielder in Germany when klopp was there. He only played there for 2 season and 1 of them he was already slated to be a Liverpool player. I think klopp has a soft spot for him as he can see what he does in training. As I said earlier, I think keita is just too much of a shithouse to take the training field to the match. 

I dunno what was wrong with Hendo on Monday. I didn't actually know he was injured till Tuesday when I read it on here (I knew Gomez missed because of injury). But it took seconds to see Hendo wasn't right when he came on imo as he wasn't running properly and quite often he was limping. They may have had stats too, but I'm sure klopp or the coaching team must have been able to see it. Ljinders has said in the past Henderson is a player who will always tell you he is ok. 

Klopp once said, quote; "Naby is one of the best midfielders in Europe."

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Klopp once said, quote; "Naby is one of the best midfielders in Europe."

He might be on FIFA….

I was done with him after that shite show against Madrid away when he got hooked first half, fucking embarrassing yet you’ve got a couple of top red virgins wanking him off when he makes a couple of 6 yard passes ‘Nabyyyyy lad’ fuck off. 

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

You can can throw that accusation at a few players, but the fact is some get to start in spite of it, some don’t.

Judging by the accumulated injury list, we seem to scout talent, but not robustness. Either that or Klopp is guilty of not enough rotation or the coaches overwork the players. Whatever it is, it needs to be identified & sorted. I’ll tell you what it isn’t. It isn’t bad luck.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

You think its a solid game plan to rely on worldies each game. Dont worry lads recycle the ball into the corner and then diaz and mo will take on 5 players and beat the keeper from the edge of the box. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

You think its a solid game plan to rely on worldies each game. Dont worry lads recycle the ball into the corner and then diaz and mo will take on 5 players and beat the keeper from the edge of the box. 

No, not a game plan, but I think we all have reasonable expectations of that sort of individual spark being frequent. It’s what has helped propel us back up to the top.

10 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

If he was an Everton player we will laughing our collective cocks off.

Nah they have players with physio time Naby could only dream of. That Gambin lad is Naby's idol,  he's a big fan if Gomez and Mina too.

It's a great pity the Naby we signed wasn't the Naby who joined the club a year later.  Always thought that was an odd deal.  He did look great in Germany & showed a few flashes here but overall he's been a very disappointing signing and I'm sure deep down Jurgen feels the same. 

When Naby moves on I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up, and it's shame it just didn't work out for him here. At least he won a few things whilst here.  We've lost better players who won fuck all with us. 

6 hours ago, Red Shift said:

You can can throw that accusation at a few players, but the fact is some get to start in spite of it, some don’t.

Judging by the accumulated injury list, we seem to scout talent, but not robustness. Either that or Klopp is guilty of not enough rotation or the coaches overwork the players. Whatever it is, it needs to be identified & sorted. I’ll tell you what it isn’t. It isn’t bad luck.

We do nothing but rotate, mainly due to injury I grant you, but overwork? if referring to keita, how long has be been here compared to how much he has worked?

Over working in training? hmmmm. I suppose at least, the coaches are seeing the best of him, because we certainly are not.

Some players are just not solid enough, Milner is a rarity, in he gets kicked to fcuk and still carries on, keita does training and gets injured, thats not over work, thats weakness.

The sooner JK stops admiring something nobody else sees and sells him the better.