You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He was rated second lowest (just ahead of Mo) of all our players on the BBC match report. I didn't think he was dreadful today. But nor was he good; just shaded his way into approaching competent. He was of course the first non-injury substitution. 

• Upvote 1

Disagree with some. I thought he was excellent today. Close control was on point all game and he hardly gave the ball away. I'd still get rid because he doesn't have the strength or pace to be a top midfielder but I thought he played really well so credit where it's due, well in Naby lad

• Upvote 1

I'm accepting he'll be here for a while still, I'm assuming he'll sign a new deal. I think he's shown this season that at his best, he makes the team better. We outplay City with him in the semi, we outplay Chelsea here imo. He'll probably never be reliable or consistent, but he's shown some value this season and hopefully more in the future.

21 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm accepting he'll be here for a while still, I'm assuming he'll sign a new deal. I think he's shown this season that at his best, he makes the team better. We outplay City with him in the semi, we outplay Chelsea here imo. He'll probably never be reliable or consistent, but he's shown some value this season and hopefully more in the future.

We could use an upgrade for sure but if Keita is the worst we can put out then we're flying honestly. He's a good player, he's just not what we paid for, yet.

1 hour ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Disagree with some. I thought he was excellent today. Close control was on point all game and he hardly gave the ball away. I'd still get rid because he doesn't have the strength or pace to be a top midfielder but I thought he played really well so credit where it's due, well in Naby lad

Gave the ball away loads, saying that it was a decent performance from him today.  Expectations exceeded, can't ask for more 

8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He loses the ball too much in important areas. For all his speed he barely creates or makes anything happen. I always feel underwhelmed with his performances as I expect much better.

I know what you mean. I expect a lot more from him but maybe I expect too much?

He's a bad habit of miskicking the ball when near the goal. Bruno Guimares scored an almost identical chance to the one Naby meekly hit wide on Saturday. That was a huge chance that was barely mentioned because he messed it up so badly.

56 minutes ago, No2 said:

He's a bad habit of miskicking the ball when near the goal. Bruno Guimares scored an almost identical chance to the one Naby meekly hit wide on Saturday. That was a huge chance that was barely mentioned because he messed it up so badly.

He generally has good technique, but he strikes the ball bizarrely. It's usually with the outside of his foot, especially when he's shooting from far. 

• 1 month later...

He’s been here far too long and still offers us nothing. Can’t believe we’re looking to keep this dud as he’s got no value to us.

If we do get rid he’ll be bounced out of every club he goes to after 12 months of offering nothing to them as well. 

Massive disappointment this signing

It's not the first time we'll have given out a new contract to a player who doesn't "deserve" it.  It's happened many times and makes most of us scratch our heads.  Didn't Mingolet, Karius, and Lovren get new contracts? To name but three.  There must be some clever financial reason for it that cut your losses is not considered the better outcome.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Jurgen has a blind spot where Naby's concerned. I keep wishing 'this time' we'll see the Naby we signed and each time, Im left disappointed and shaking my head.

I don't think that's the case, he's just the best of the alternative options.  But that's not saying much.