You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I think you’re making a couple of interesting points here. Keita’s main weakness is probably his lack of ABILITY, and to some degree lack of ABILITY. This means he struggles .. When our system works, we’re able to stay compact, press high and push teams back he’s one of the most OVER RATED players around.  Perfectly suited for ANYONE BUT US, which is the case in most our games. 

Sorry, I had to change that a bit.

I do not get him at all, yes he scores the odd goal now and again, but,,,, injury prone as he is, he is not good enough, nor suited to this team.

He is a journey man player, who fits when we need to fill a space on the team sheet, when we also need to rest a player better than he thinks HE is.

When we as a team are blessed with completely brilliant midfield players, how does he even get a game? 

TBH its like, we need to rest player A, B, C, so lets put him on, because the other 10 will win us the game.

He is dog shite compared to the rest of the squad, Sorry but he is.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MOGLET said:

I do not get him at all, yes he scores the odd goal now and again, but,,,, injury prone as he is, he is not good enough, nor suited to this team.

He is a journey man player, who fits when we need to fill a space on the team sheet, when we also need to rest a player better than he thinks HE is.

When we as a team are blessed with completely brilliant midfield players, how does he even get a game? 

TBH its like, we need to rest player A, B, C, so lets put him on, because the other 10 will win us the game.

A clueless post in full. No further comments required.

5 hours ago, MOGLET said:

That's a great post. I'm not sure whether he represents a "journey man player", I just think he has never fulfilled the potential that our esteemed leader clearly saw in him. I've seen barely a glimmer of anything approaching potential in the years he's lain on the treatment table, or indeed on the pitch. 

On 04/05/2022 at 10:12, sir roger said:

I'm going to guess you don't.

He was terrible in the first half like 5 or 6 others, but pretty good in the second half like most of the team.

I don't think he will ever be a star for us, but assuming we get a good midfielder or two in summer I would be happy to have him as about 6th best option, especially in games where we are on the front foot.

MOM for me was between Konate, Diaz and Sadio.

I thought Henderson was shocking in that first half. Get rid as fast as we can!

Keita is playing as well currently as he has at any time with us.

Given the amount he cost and the initial optimism that came with him, he’s still below expectations though, plus he has had more injuries than most and it looked like he was feeling his groin at the end of last nights game, so may be out again?

Overall, he’s not shown enough to warrant being a starter when everyone is fit and has been the most disappointing signing of Klopp’s tenure, all things considered.

Klopp has stuck with him though, and must feel there’s more there, so he’d better start showing it and soon. 
I must say, I don’t think he’s a Liverpool player, even with his recent improvement, I hope I’m wrong.

He's got one year left after this one. Contract expires in 2023.

I'm not sure I'd give him a new one. You wouldn't ideally want a £54m signing leaving on a free, but I think a new contract for him now would be just throwing good money after bad. If we could get a transfer fee for him this summer and use the money to reinvest in someone else (eg. Tchouameni) I'd be all over that, even if it's like £10m or something.

While he isn’t the player we all thought we were signing, he’s done well this season. Good squad option, especially when we’re fighting in four different completions. 

We can’t sell every player who has a bad game or few games. Different situation obviously given the talent levels, but the common view on here until recently was that Mane was finished and should be out the door in the summer. Even Salah is getting the same heat now! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What he cost is a fucking irrelevance at this point. Last night he had to the do the exact same job as Curtis Jones who cost nothing. Jones isn't given a free hit because he didn't cost anything, when the whistle goes both are expected to perform. Based on how's he performed this season and the position he plays, it would be mad to let him go.

• Upvote 1

He's currently in our best three midfielders.  He's regularly put in good performance this season including last night.  He's better than Wijnauldum, who has taken on qualities of mythic proportions ever since he left.  He works hard, he gets his foot in, he's available for a pass, and he will drive forward with the ball.

He's not the player I thought we were getting, but if you base your view on how he actually performs these days rather than the out of date stereotype of him, then you'll see he's not the liability that some believe he is.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stringvest said:

He's currently in our best three midfielders.  He's regularly put in good performance this season including last night.  He's better than Wijnauldum, who has taken on qualities of mythic proportions ever since he left.  He works hard, he gets his foot in, he's available for a pass, and he will drive forward with the ball.

He's not one of our three best midfielders. Henderson is comfortably better than him, even with an aging motor. (I'm not sure how you account for his 400 odd Liverpool appearances and successful captaincy at this stage.) And he was rarely preferred to Gini, who's clearly better than him. 

He's been absolutely appalling in the last two games. And has been shit for most of his four seasons here. His meaningful contributions across his Liverpool career are in single figures. It's just that these remain beacons of hope for those who expect him to turn consistently good any day now. 

• Upvote 1