You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield Wednesdee: "Right. We're in complete control here, these lot are creating no threat, Keita's coming on. Look at him afresh. Loads of them say 'he's great' so stop being negative and watch him like he's your favourite player." 

Total anonymity. I tried. 

5 minutes ago, rb14 said:

Anfield Wednesdee: "Right. We're in complete control here, these lot are creating no threat, Keita's coming on. Look at him afresh. Loads of them say 'he's great' so stop being negative and watch him like he's your favourite player." 

Total anonymity. I tried. 

Blimey rb, he came on for the last 18 minutes to give Hendo a rest and help keep them quiet, and other than a ridiculous free kick the ref gave them in the last minute they never got in our half.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

Blimey rb, he came on for the last 18 minutes to give Hendo a rest and help keep them quiet, and other than a ridiculous free kick the ref gave them in the last minute they never got in our half.

*adds @sir roger to ignore list. 

In fact, adds anyone called Roger to ignore list. 

• Upvote 1

He’s a perfectly serviceable player if he can keep fit. He’s never going to be the next Steven Gerrard but you’d be perfectly happy to see him come in for Thiago when the Spaniard needs resting for example. In fact I’d go as far as saying he’s the best 4th choice midfielder in the league. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, aRdja said:

He’s a perfectly serviceable player if he can keep fit. He’s never going to be the next Steven Gerrard but you’d be perfectly happy to see him come in for Thiago when the Spaniard needs resting for example. In fact I’d go as far as saying he’s the best 4th choice midfielder in the league. 

I’m playing him ahead of Hendo in the CL final if we get there. Hendo at Wembley, Naby in Paris

A typical Keita performance last night.

When we were up against it he was missing and playing poorly.

When we were on the front foot and attacking, he played really well. 

I would say though, he clearly wasn’t the only player who was poor in the first half last night, so it would be harsh to blame it on him. 

Said it before but he's a throwback player for me. When we weren't winning stuff we'd buy the occasional player who'd look good in flashes and you'd hope he was playing, would score the odd beauty but then be anonymous for large portions of the match. We've got rid of that now, which is why we win stuff. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, rb14 said:

I'm going to guess many of you think he was MOM last night? 

I'm going to guess you don't.

He was terrible in the first half like 5 or 6 others, but pretty good in the second half like most of the team.

I don't think he will ever be a star for us, but assuming we get a good midfielder or two in summer I would be happy to have him as about 6th best option, especially in games where we are on the front foot.

MOM for me was between Konate, Diaz and Sadio.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I'm going to guess you don't.

He was terrible in the first half like 5 or 6 others, but pretty good in the second half like most of the team.

I don't think he will ever be a star for us, but assuming we get a good midfielder or two in summer I would be happy to have him as about 6th best option, especially in games where we are on the front foot.

MOM for me was between Konate, Diaz and Sadio.

As I have you on ignore, I have no idea what this post says so I can't correct the typo that reads "6th" and should read "666th".

Besos.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Said it before but he's a throwback player for me. When we weren't winning stuff we'd buy the occasional player who'd look good in flashes and you'd hope he was playing, would score the odd beauty but then be anonymous for large portions of the match. We've got rid of that now, which is why we win stuff. 

Yep bang on mate

He wasn’t alone last night in being brutal throughout the first half but zero signs of him being the one to pull us out of the hole 

I think he suffered last night from everyone else around him being shite too. He just looked lost at times in the first half. Marked improvement second half like everyone else. That was clearly due to taking Jota off. Not because Diaz was brilliant, which he was. But because Jota kept running out of position and crowding the centre/right side. We had a much better shape with Jota out of the picture. 

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

A typical Keita performance last night.

When we were up against it he was missing and playing poorly.

When we were on the front foot and attacking, he played really well. 

I would say though, he clearly wasn’t the only player who was poor in the first half last night, so it would be harsh to blame it on him. 

I think you’re making a couple of interesting points here. Keita’s main weakness is probably his lack of pace, and to some degree lack of physical precense. This means he struggles when we’re not able to stay compact enough, teams are allowed to run at us and games become more end to end. When our system works, we’re able to stay compact, press high and push teams back he’s one of the most efficient players around.  Perfectly suited for our way of playing when it works, which is the case in most our games. When it doesnt and we give away too much space for teams to run at us, not so much.