You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

The best bit about it is it wasn’t painfully obvious last season we should cut the cord. The writing was seriously on the wall in his first year here, but I can understand giving him a second and the opportunity to turn it around. Total waste giving him a 3rd season and hoping things would be different though. Even with ‘vertical pass’ stats to die for.

There's a quote from Klopp somewhere where he calls Keita one of the best centre mids in Europe. I think cutting it off without absolute certainty he wasn't ever going to put a great run of games together was unlikely.

If we get rid and he's good elsewhere, so be it. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

There's a quote from Klopp somewhere where he calls Keita one of the best centre mids in Europe. I think cutting it off without absolute certainty he wasn't ever going to put a great run of games together was unlikely.

If we get rid and he's good elsewhere, so be it. 

I’d hold no malice for him if he is tbh. Just one of those moves which hasn’t worked out and don’t even particularly blame him. It’s just like the Sturridge one where you know as a fan you’ll keep seeing the same thing with injuries, and worse, we won’t bring in the sort of player we need in his position while he’s here.

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Naby Keita’s agent (@MalickKebe8): “It’s really hard for me to understand Klopp, you have to be him to put Naby Keita on the bench right now in his form. Your super coach is solely responsible for this draw against Chelsea.”

What a dick. What "form"? He's been average so far, no different from last season. 

7 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Naby Keita’s agent (@MalickKebe8): “It’s really hard for me to understand Klopp, you have to be him to put Naby Keita on the bench right now in his form. Your super coach is solely responsible for this draw against Chelsea.”

Well find a buyer then you cunt. Most fans think he's shit anyway.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

That's Klopp's replacement sorted. Welcome to Liverpool Malick.

I love how a draw at home against the European champions is the reason to question a manager nowadays.

Oh how I miss the good old days when we were drawing with Fulham, Middlesbrough and West Ham at Anfield.

It's got to be said any midfielder who was fit and didn't start that game has every right to wonder what their future holds. Getting selected behind an 18 year old kid who's played one competitive game and 2 or 3 friendlies in his short career is a kick in the balls. Let's hope nabby's agent see the writing is on the wall and finds his player a new club today.  

• Upvote 1

Keita might have been unfortunate not to play yesterday but he's not the first player to have missed out like that.

These agents can fuck off as far as Im concerned. It's their job to look out for their 'client' but I dont recollect a peep out of the cunt when Keita has failed to string more than about 3 games together before getting injured yet again while still taking a huge wedge off Liverpool.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Keita might have been unfortunate not to play yesterday but he's not the first player to have missed out like that.

These agents can fuck off as far as Im concerned. It's their job to look out for their 'client' but I dont recollect a peep out of the cunt when Keita has failed to string more than about 3 games together before getting injured yet again while still taking a huge wedge off Liverpool.

Agreed.

Hendo was dropped for Barcelona first leg, and Gini for the 2nd leg.

We've been rotating midfielders since the day Klopp arrived.

Keita's agent can go fuck himself.