You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 07/04/2021 at 10:27, No2 said:

After a couple of minutes last night I had the exact same feeling as I did against Villa. In both games we passed the ball out of play under no pressure and played simple passes straight to them right from the start. Naby obviously played in both but he wasn't the one passing it to an advertisement board. If Adrian was in goal last night spreading panic that game could have been 7 as well.

So is it just a coincidence that Naby was at the scene of the crime twice? Klopp whipped him off both times which would suggest otherwise but to my eyes he was no worse than anyone else, its just he has no credit in the bank. I'd go as far as to say he was better than Gini and Fab in the first half, both of which had their worst ever games (more like worst ever halves) for us. Logic says his presence must make the machine malfunction but as I had said above the malaise had set in straight from the kick off in both games and it was the other side of the pitch where we couldn't kick a ball straight. 

I don't know if you can say that is any more than a coincidence that he played both last night and villa. He played palace too. What's not a coincidence is he's given us next to nothing time and again and every time you feel klopp puts a lot of trust in him, he fails to deliver. 

All the midfield were shocking on Tuesday, but as you say, keita has nothing in the bank. 

On 07/04/2021 at 11:58, Strontium Dog™ said:

I was one of the vanishingly small crowd who thought he may eventually come good here, but it's clear he's a shadow of the player we thought we were getting. Given the cost, I think he may actually be the worst signing in this club's history.

A rich man's Salif Diao.

He's no salif. If he out in half the effort salif did, he might be a regular in the team. 

On 07/04/2021 at 17:52, Code said:

He started against FC Midtjylland, got subbed after 61 minutes.

634923B8-EED4-423A-BA44-757C684A35C6.jpeg

That looks a bit like klopp thinks he can't to it in the league. 

23 hours ago, Dynamite said:

The stats give the impression that Naby benefits from the higher tempo game that we saw when Klopp first arrived, rather than the more controlled possession game that we're trying to play.

These stats obviously can't quantify the effects of the injuries that Naby has had whilst with us. He only missed 3 games with Leipzig due to injury. 3 games in 2 seasons! (He missed double the number of games due to suspension in those 2 seasons - 3 for a straight red, with 1 for a sending off for 2 bookable offenses, and 2 due to an accumulation of yellow cards).

I'm not convinced we're trying to play controlled possession, I think that's a byproduct of being fucking shit in midfield for months. 

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

It started with a kiss.

Can't believe it has come to this. 

Any hope of this lad working out?  Any? How did this go so wrong?  

It went wrong when he went to the ACoN with a muscle injury that the club wanted him to take rest for. But no, he went to the ACoN, played 1 game and aggravated the injury (and me!) which forced him out of action for a considerable time.

Then, when he's tried a comeback, he's just broken down again either with the same thing or other injuries.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It went wrong when he went to the ACoN with a muscle injury that the club wanted him to take rest for. But no, he went to the ACoN, played 1 game and aggravated the injury (and me!) which forced him out of action for a considerable time.

Then, when he's tried a comeback, he's just broken down again either with the same thing or other injuries.

Went down for prolonged treatment 3 times in that game.

Been playing him as a no10 in a 4231 on Fifa. Playing off Mane who is my central striker. He’s been really effective with his clever movement but mostly his success has been as a decoy because other online players get him mixed up with Sadio leaving Mane loads of space. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

Been playing him as a no10 in a 4231 on Fifa. Playing off Mane who is my central striker. He’s been really effective with his clever movement but mostly his success has been as a decoy because other online players get him mixed up with Sadio leaving Mane loads of space. 

Han Solo thumbs up gif | PMSLweb

22 minutes ago, Elite said:

One of the most annoying players we've ever had. Absolute waste of money, time and energy.

He has turned out that way but should have been a lot better. I still personally think he fucked his career up when he went to the ACON when injured. He'd have been crocked from then on no matter whether he'd stayed at Leipzig or not.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

One of the most annoying players we've ever had. Absolute waste of money, time and energy.

Comes back from injury.

Has a couple of poor games.

Looks good against opposition we batter.

Gets injured.

Rise and repeat.

8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

He has turned out that way but should have been a lot better. I still personally think he fucked his career up when he went to the ACON when injured. He'd have been crocked from then on no matter whether he'd stayed at Leipzig or not.

I don't think he's cut out for us no matter what the circumstances, we need to cut out losses and try someone else.

On 12/05/2021 at 16:28, El Dangerous said:

Racist bastards on FIFA