You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 hours ago, Dynamite said:

I'm sure he does. I'm sure he's feeling it right now. 

I like Naby. I think there's a player in there. He's just not been able to replicate his Leipzig form for us. We've all heard how difficult he found the transition to the club/country when he first arrived, and some people just can't ever adapt to a place, for whatever the reason - it makes no odds.

The truth of the matter though is he hasn't been good enough. He cannot be relied upon to firstly stay fit, and secondly to perform to the standard that we expect of him for the outlay and effort made by the club to secure his signature in the first place.

Pretty much this is where I stand on him, given the hype and expectations he’s been a massive disappointment and I wouldn’t lose a wink of sleep to see him sold, but I don’t think hes a bad player and it’s been one of those that simply hasn’t worked. This era’s Kewell in a lot of ways. 

• Upvote 2

I was on the board the Naby train but got off it at the same time as Klopp last night. I'd suggest a season on loan with PSG were Kean looks great so even Naby can perform there. In his place we sign Modric on a 1 year deal, he's magnificent. 

40 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

And defence and forwards! Its all the same consequence of not strengthening when Champions. Without Klopp we'd probably be fighting relegation with our current available players.

Only if a new coach came in and played a high line, let's not get all hysterical fanny like after that absolute dross last night. 

Naby good player on his day but doesn't have the heart or determination to play in a Klopp team long term.

We do need new blood but shoring up the midfield and adding more goals can hide a multitude of sins.

After a couple of minutes last night I had the exact same feeling as I did against Villa. In both games we passed the ball out of play under no pressure and played simple passes straight to them right from the start. Naby obviously played in both but he wasn't the one passing it to an advertisement board. If Adrian was in goal last night spreading panic that game could have been 7 as well.

So is it just a coincidence that Naby was at the scene of the crime twice? Klopp whipped him off both times which would suggest otherwise but to my eyes he was no worse than anyone else, its just he has no credit in the bank. I'd go as far as to say he was better than Gini and Fab in the first half, both of which had their worst ever games (more like worst ever halves) for us. Logic says his presence must make the machine malfunction but as I had said above the malaise had set in straight from the kick off in both games and it was the other side of the pitch where we couldn't kick a ball straight. 

With the lack of football and the fact he's been back training for weeks now its inexcusable how he strolled around the pitch yesterday.

Fabino and Gini were also shite put they at least tried to put a shift in.

Keita was literally strolling for parts of that first half.

I've seen a lot of Keita fanboys on social media turning on Klopp now to defend this waster. Really strange how some fans will blindly back a player like that given he's done fuck all for us in 3 years.

• Upvote 1

Felt it at the time, but I'd rather we had kept the Jap from going on loan, than kept Keita.

Klopp states tactics for the reason why he was substituted and he's right, Keita was tactically shite. Not the only one mind, but getting dragged off before the half ended tells a story. 

I was one of the vanishingly small crowd who thought he may eventually come good here, but it's clear he's a shadow of the player we thought we were getting. Given the cost, I think he may actually be the worst signing in this club's history.

A rich man's Salif Diao.

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

I've seen a lot of Keita fanboys on social media turning on Klopp now to defend this waster. Really strange how some fans will blindly back a player like that given he's done fuck all for us in 3 years.

I quote tweeted a few last night for that exact reason, absolute jokers.

22 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I was one of the vanishingly small crowd who thought he may eventually come good here, but it's clear he's a shadow of the player we thought we were getting. Given the cost, I think he may actually be the worst signing in this club's history.

A rich man's Salif Diao.

I agree with this, but Klopp picking him was a very strange decision. Apparently it was to do with having a dribbler in midfield as it was assumed Real Madrid would man mark across the pitch. Even if he was right, hard to see how having a short height light weight midfielder counters that. The team lacked any balance at all across the middle. 

Having a bad match is the effect, allowing a player to have a bad game is the cause. 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I agree with this, but Klopp picking him was a very strange decision. Apparently it was to do with having a dribbler in midfield as it was assumed Real Madrid would man mark across the pitch. Even if he was right, hard to see how having a short height light weight midfielder counters that. The team lacked any balance at all across the middle. 

Having a bad match is the effect, allowing a player to have a bad game is the cause. 

So how does a manager stop that ?  How can a manager predict in advance who's going to suck big time on the day ?

Klopp put his faith in Keita and was badly let down, for whatever reason. 

He then tried to rectify it by replacing Keita much earlier than he normally would have done.

For what it's worth I think Keita is done here now, but managers can't stop players having bad games any more than they can prevent them getting injured.

1 minute ago, scudger99 said:

So how does a manager stop that ?  How can a manager predict in advance who's going to suck big time on the day ?

Klopp put his faith in Keita and was badly let down, for whatever reason. 

He then tried to rectify it by replacing Keita much earlier than he normally would have done.

For what it's worth I think Keita is done here now, but managers can't stop players having bad games any more than they can prevent them getting injured.

You could argue, and very well, that it was a big tactical mistake. Keita was nowhere to be found on the right side and we all know Trent needs protection. No matter how good he looked in training, this is the same midfield that looked cooked in the 2-7 loss to Villa and to be honest, the same thing happened, to a lesser extent. Absolute boulevards on the right side.

You'd have weight to argue with if you'd won what Klopp has.

When it comes down to the nitty gritty he hasn't got his track record by posting on the Internet with the benefit of hindsight.  And it's got a lot to do with what's happening in training, that's where players catch the manager's eye by doing what is required of them.

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

You'd have weight to argue with if you'd won what Klopp has.

When it comes down to the nitty gritty he hasn't got his track record by posting on the Internet with the benefit of hindsight.  And it's got a lot to do with what's happening in training, that's where players catch the manager's eye by doing what is required of them.

Oh, shut the fuck up. It's an internet forum, people will offer their opinion on tactics and such, get over it.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Oh, shut the fuck up. It's an internet forum, people will offer their opinion on tactics and such, get over it.

Dearie me, what have I got to get over ?

The fact that sometimes you talk sense and other times you babble shite ?

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, clockspeed said:

Not having that , Origi whether he looks interested or not has made contributions to the teams success. This charlatan  has done sweet fuck all from day one  . Actually think he was shite the extra year we left him in Germany.  Everyone criticising  Thiago  for the number of yellow cards he gets compare and contrast with how many Keita has got (basically fuck all for a midfielder) useless tool.

Origi offering anything is about as historic as Naby Keita being any good