You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Yeah, I was wondering where on the Athletic website Viking got that news from. Had a look previously and didn't see any such story.

There is still enough time for him to get injured between today and Sunday though.

Just now, Supremolad said:

Yeah, I was wondering where on the Athletic website Viking got that news from. Had a look previously and didn't see any such story.

There is still enough time for him to get injured between today and Sunday though.

Every minute...Up to and including the warm up

13 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I had such high hopes got him, used to track his recovery from injuries thinking he was going to come good and be the saviour. Not making that mistake again. 

Hahaha. Why did you have so much faith in him? I can understand why some people have this keita love in, even though it's not a point of view I subscribe to as he's not really what I think we need in a footballer, but I understand other people may see that differently and still cling on to him being the player he was built up to be when he was in that 12 months before we signed him and one day he might not crumble getting out of the car. But yesil never had a track record did he? He was basically the equivalent of sepp Van Der berg except he was a striker? 

22 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I remember going up for a game, getting a cab from lime street and the driver telling me to keep it to myself but that we had basically signed the Turkish version of Messi. From that point on I was a believer. 

Hahaha. Brilliant. Obviously the moral to the story is never believe a word taxi drivers say, but never believe in a footballer is a good 2nd place! 

39 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Hahaha. Why did you have so much faith in him? I can understand why some people have this keita love in, even though it's not a point of view I subscribe to as he's not really what I think we need in a footballer, but I understand other people may see that differently and still cling on to him being the player he was built up to be when he was in that 12 months before we signed him and one day he might not crumble getting out of the car. But yesil never had a track record did he? He was basically the equivalent of sepp Van Der berg except he was a striker? 

The problem with Keita is even if he was playing brilliant he leaves such gaping holes in the team that he might as well not be there, very similar to thiago.

1 minute ago, SlugTrail said:

The problem with Keita is even if he was playing brilliant he leaves such gaping holes in the team that he might as well not be there, very similar to thiago.

I'm not fussed about him as a footballer at all.  But I can see why others like him. But I feel he's a fella who looks better the less you see of him, he looks good on motd, you maybe don't notice some of his shite off the ball when you watch a full match on the telly and he has you ripping your hair out when you're at the match. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not fussed about him as a footballer at all.  But I can see why others like him. But I feel he's a fella who looks better the less you see of him, he looks good on motd, you maybe don't notice some of his shite off the ball when you watch a full match on the telly and he has you ripping your hair out when you're at the match. 

I think he runs faster with the ball than without.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

But I don't recall a bad challenge or awkward fall?  Why has he just broken down? From seemingly injury-free to a Harry Kewell level of anatomical chaos.  

I was a huge fan but he just cannot hack it unfortunately, as has been mentioned many times he might not fancy it or it could be too physical. I think it could be a psychological thing.