You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

From the echo:

Keita hasn't featured since an impressive showing in the 7-0 win at Crystal Palace on December 19 after picking up a muscle problem.

The Guinea international started the first four Premier League games of the season but has since been restricted to just five outings in all competitions due to a variety of ailments.

And Liverpool have now opted to give Keita extra time to fully recover from his current issue rather than potentially aggravate the injury.

8 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Last chance saloon? 

Someone on here came up with a plausible summary of what may be happening - it is similar to what happened with Sturridge.

Klopp is making him prove fitness with a 10 day 'pre-season' and he has to complete all 10 days in a row without missing or breaking down before he is considered fit for selection....

If he misses a day he goes back to day 1and keeps going until he gets to the 10 uninterrupted 

Seems plausible to me.

2 hours ago, KevieG said:

This guy is an absolute sicknote, and has still only made 3 less premier league appearances than Joe Gomez in the last 3 years. He'll probably scrape together those 3 games between now and the end of the season.

We just need to get rid of about 6 of them and get in players who can play when needed.

Bit harsh on Joe. He was bought for potential not £50m+ and to go straight into the team.

Can’t be a coincidence that his absence has coincided with the appointment of this a new German head of recovery and performance. They’re clearly trying something different with Keita’s fitness now and seeing whether that will fix the underlying issue he has with muscle injuries. 

Big decision to make on Naby this summer. Only 2 years left on his contract. 

14 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

Can’t be a coincidence that his absence has coincided with the appointment of this a new German head of recovery and performance. They’re clearly trying something different with Keita’s fitness now and seeing whether that will fix the underlying issue he has with muscle injuries. 

Big decision to make on Naby this summer. Only 2 years left on his contract. 

Cryogenics ?

• Upvote 1

I will say, looking at his issues, it's a little unfair to label him a pussy who won't play through the pain barrier. You can't play through muscle injuries. The "tough" players nowadays who play through pain, play through knocks or injuries you can treat through injection. You can't inject stuff like cortisone into a muscle, it's into a joint. So if he gets muscle injuries over and over, unless that's a result of poor life habits, there's not actually much you can reproach on his end. It is immensely frustrating, though. He does leave holes in the midfield, but from an attacking perspective, I think there is proof he makes us better.

36 minutes ago, an tha said:

Someone on here came up with a plausible summary of what may be happening - it is similar to what happened with Sturridge.

Klopp is making him prove fitness with a 10 day 'pre-season' and he has to complete all 10 days in a row without missing or breaking down before he is considered fit for selection....

If he misses a day he goes back to day 1and keeps going until he gets to the 10 uninterrupted 

Seems plausible to me.

Shit! He's never going to be fit to play then!

The player in Germany, looked absolutely tailor made for this league and this team, as far as I remember there were no injury issues whilst there. 

Fucking off point, but still fucking raging he never got that pen against Leicester 18/19, fucking Perriera coming right through the back of him, fucking scandalous decision.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Shit! He's never going to be fit to play then!

Been over a month now with a 'minor issue'

If true about sessions i wonder what most is he has got up to?

I'll set the over under as 

Under 5.5: 1/100

Over 5.5: 9/1

56 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Fucking off point, but still fucking raging he never got that pen against Leicester 18/19, fucking Perriera coming right through the back of him, fucking scandalous decision.

Atkinson. 

Full on Alex Ferguson Pyjama wearing cunt. 

This is the quote I was referring to earlier in the thread, taking from Utd pre match presser. I have assume he is talking about Sturridge here, only other players with bad records are Matip, Ox and  Clyne and I don’t think he took that approach with any of these lads.

Klopp confirmed: "Naby is not ready for involvement. It's not a big thing; it's a little bit like with other players in the past when they came back from injuries and then because of the amount of games and situation in the squad they had to play.

"Then a little injury happened again. Now we just had to put on the brake and say, 'Let's settle it properly.' In the moment we have alternatives in midfield, so we really try to give him all the time he needs to get 100 per cent fit. That's the situation, so no, he is not in contention for Sunday."

Just a question, as I can't remember that far back, but didn't he play in a different Midfield set up when he was at RB Leipzig?

I don't think he played on the left of a 3 there did he?

If so, could it also be a case of him not adapting well to a new role when assessing his performances rather than his injuries? I accept that he's had ages to adjust and adapt to a new role had he actually PLAYED for most of the time he was here.

It seems to me that each time he comes back from injury, he's abject for a couple of games, completely lost and it takes him 4 games to work out what to do again. Once he starts having an influence and looks up to speed, out he goes again for another month or more with what is suggested to be a minor knock.

28 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Just a question, as I can't remember that far back, but didn't he play in a different Midfield set up when he was at RB Leipzig?

I don't think he played on the left of a 3 there did he?

If so, could it also be a case of him not adapting well to a new role when assessing his performances rather than his injuries? I accept that he's had ages to adjust and adapt to a new role had he actually PLAYED for most of the time he was here.

It seems to me that each time he comes back from injury, he's abject for a couple of games, completely lost and it takes him 4 games to work out what to do again. Once he starts having an influence and looks up to speed, out he goes again for another month or more with what is suggested to be a minor knock.

If I remember correctly, he usually played in a two man midfield, or sometimes he would play in attacking midfield with someone else, behind a striker. Like in 3-4-2-1 as part of the 2.

I’ve given up on him. I don’t even bother looking for his name in the squad anymore. He’s a shoulder shrug of a player, a complete afterthought. I spent his first couple of years here defending him from those I’d felt had made their minds up too quickly but enough is enough.

He may have a lot of talent but I’d rather have a player with less ability and more availability. To think we will be losing our most reliable midfielder in the summer and expecting this lad to step up in some way. It’d be hilarious if it wasn’t so damn tragic. What is it about us having incredibly talented lads that have had their careers curtailed by injury. Jones, Fowler, Owen, Sturridge. All of them could have achieved much more with us. 

It isn’t his fault as he’s clearly got problems but we haven’t seen enough from him even when he’s been available on the pitch. 

• Upvote 1