You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

39 minutes ago, No2 said:

He mentioned something a couple of weeks back that I assumed was about Naby.  I can't remember what he said or when exactly he said it but I instantly remembered his treatment of Sturridge. It was like a line had been crossed and Naby was now a write off, a thumbs up from the player and physio wasn't going to cut it anymore. If he wants to play he must complete a mini 10 day preseason, any session he misses brings him back to day 1. Every time he gets injured the process starts again. 

The most infuriating thing about Naby isn't his injures but the timing of them, he's always for when we have everyone else available and as soon as we need him he's gone again for 2 weeks.

I remember that with Sturridge yeah...would make sense Keita is getting same treatment and it is also revealing that if that is what is happening he clearly hasn't been putting together the required sessions.

The danger with Naby is, Jurgen's loyalty to his players. Even if Naby limps through the rest of this season, I can see in the summer, it's the same old 'Naby will be the player we always knew was in there after rest and a new pre season.'

And you know what, it wont be! I hate shipping players out but I just see him being more injured than Dan. Dan was a natural goalscorer so always offered the team goals if he played. There isnt that with Naby.

Id actually loan him out if he could prove his fitness in the rest of this window but, no one is stupid enough to take him. Has to be shipped out in the summer as part of Jurgen's rebuilding.

15 minutes ago, skaro said:

What's also reasonably infuriating is that, when he does occasionally play, he doesn't look an especially good player.

At least Sturridge teased us with one stellar season.

Season before that he scored 10 goals from 11 starts, but yeah, in 2013/14 he was the best striker in the league not named Luis Suarez.

21 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Season before that he scored 10 goals from 11 starts, but yeah, in 2013/14 he was the best striker in the league not named Luis Suarez.

So there's around 40 goals in around 55 games.

This Keita lad is normally lucky to get through 40 to 55 minutes... and never once, really, have we had cause to catch our breath at something he's done or even promised to do.

I think the highlight has been that equalising header at Southampton, that was assisted by the defender jumping with him.

And still I get the feeling Klopp might keep the faith.

4 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

He’s a good player when he gets on the pitch Keita, an unorthodox player. Can move through midfield nicely and he’s great at pressing and winning the ball back and has real guile, a shame his fitness record is up there with the worst in modern history. Time to let him go.

He’s got this in him yes, and he’s shown it in glimpses. But he needs to be able to stay fit over time, and I reckon it’s not very likely that’ll ever happen. I’ve been one of the few left that have kept some faith in him as a player, but even I realized long ago that it’s probably never gonna happen for him here. 

10 hours ago, skaro said:

So there's around 40 goals in around 55 games.

This Keita lad is normally lucky to get through 40 to 55 minutes... and never once, really, have we had cause to catch our breath at something he's done or even promised to do.

I think the highlight has been that equalising header at Southampton, that was assisted by the defender jumping with him.

And still I get the feeling Klopp might keep the faith.

The goal against Chelsea at the end of last season was pretty special.

If he was built of the same raw materials as Wijnaldum I think he would have made it here for sure, but I think he's done now. Can't think of many players who get this injured for this long and come back as good as they were.

Him Matip, Gomes, Ox, Shaquiri cant be relied on at all thats a huge percentage of our first team squad. Matip and Gomes what good is quality if you constantly have to play weaker players due to availability. We need an expert in to assess Matip and tell us why he is so fragile I bet him taking his keks off is like opening a flake. You just know in the next few games he will pull up and thats him done for another 5 games.

21 hours ago, No2 said:

He mentioned something a couple of weeks back that I assumed was about Naby.  I can't remember what he said or when exactly he said it but I instantly remembered his treatment of Sturridge. It was like a line had been crossed and Naby was now a write off, a thumbs up from the player and physio wasn't going to cut it anymore. If he wants to play he must complete a mini 10 day preseason, any session he misses brings him back to day 1. Every time he gets injured the process starts again. 

The most infuriating thing about Naby isn't his injures but the timing of them, he's always for when we have everyone else available and as soon as we need him he's gone again for 2 weeks.

Sounds damming.

• Upvote 1