You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Didn't Henderson play until his heel exploded?

I think he had to, Cant remember what it was but apparently they couldn't cure the actual problem, just give him painkillers, wait for whatever to eventually pop and then the heeling can begin.

• Upvote 1

On 15/12/2020 at 15:23, Jack the Sipper said:

I remember the days when I used to get excited by a Naby return to fitness update. Now I just feel like that old dear who got told about another election in the offing.

I regret to inform you, Miss Havisham, that Naby will not be appearing any time soon. Good day.

I regret to inform you that Miss Havisham, Dickens' embittered crone, is  actually only . . . 40. | Literary Hub

11 hours ago, m0e said:

Was very good 2nf half. Total shite first. 

I think yesterday showed nothing that we didn’t already know about Keita. 

When we were under a bit of pressure, were a bit sloppy and rode our luck, he was mostly invisible and it felt like we only had Hendo & Gini in midfield.

When we’re completely dominating and in utter control & ascendency, like ten second half, he is / was very good. 

If he could ever stay fit for more than 3 games, Keita is probably a good option in games against low block teams. I could see him playing and playing well against WBA and Newcastle. I wouldn’t be starting him against Southampton. 

• Upvote 3

Nobody from palace was putting anyone in possession under pressure in that second half. I don't think it's time to be patting keita on the back because he could play in an environment less Intense than a training session. Let's see if he can be competitive, not shit out, show some ability and above all stay fit between now and the end of the season. If he can do that, it might be time to pat him on the back. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I think yesterday showed nothing that we didn’t already know about Keita. 

When we were under a bit of pressure, were a bit sloppy and rode our luck, he was mostly invisible and it felt like we only had Hendo & Gini in midfield.

When we’re completely dominating and in utter control & ascendency, like ten second half, he is / was very good. 

If he could ever stay fit for more than 3 games, Keita is probably a good option in games against low block teams. I could see him playing and playing well against WBA and Newcastle. I wouldn’t be starting him against Southampton. 

Spot on

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Nobody from palace was putting anyone in possession under pressure in that second half. I don't think it's time to be patting keita on the back because he could play in an environment less Intense than a training session. Let's see if he can be competitive, not shit out, show some ability and above all stay fit between now and the end of the season. If he can do that, it might be time to pat him on the back. 

Spot on again

• 1 month later...

Be interesting to see if he is even mentioned by Klopp this week...he wasn't last week in the pressers in with the usual injury updates.

This latest absence is just weird.

"Naby felt again a muscle,” Klopp said.

“We don’t know exactly for how long but he wasn’t ready for today (WBA) and not for Wednesday [against Newcastle] I don’t think."

That was a month ago now.

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

Be interesting to see if he is even mentioned by Klopp this week...he wasn't last week in the pressers in with the usual injury updates.

This latest absence is just weird.

"Naby felt again a muscle,” Klopp said.

“We don’t know exactly for how long but he wasn’t ready for today (WBA) and not for Wednesday [against Newcastle] I don’t think."

That was a month ago now.

He mentioned something a couple of weeks back that I assumed was about Naby.  I can't remember what he said or when exactly he said it but I instantly remembered his treatment of Sturridge. It was like a line had been crossed and Naby was now a write off, a thumbs up from the player and physio wasn't going to cut it anymore. If he wants to play he must complete a mini 10 day preseason, any session he misses brings him back to day 1. Every time he gets injured the process starts again. 

The most infuriating thing about Naby isn't his injures but the timing of them, he's always for when we have everyone else available and as soon as we need him he's gone again for 2 weeks.