You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Me neither, thought he was bang average again....

He doesn’t do enough for me, it’s almost like your waiting for the shackles to come off and him burst into this monster midfielder everyone seen when he was at RB Leipzig, I really like him and want him to succeed but I’m not sure he will, I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed Upemecano in the summer and offered Keita in exchange.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Not a massive amount of love for Naby on here. I thought he was great tonight and has been for a while now.

Yup he was excellent. Movement of him/Salah/Mane was phenomenal. Don't understand how he's so incapable of chipping in with goals and assists though as our most further forward midfielder. That's what is missing from his game.

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I think we are just going to have to accept that the all action box to box player we saw in Germany isnt the player we have. If thats the tactics and him playing to how Klopp wants or he just can't do that here who knows

We saw a bit of that in the first half I thought. He had a solid game, but enough to displace Gini or Hendo? You’ve gotta say no, so far. 

Agree he looks ok, but for the outlay,hype and what we saw in Germany you expected him to take the game by the scruff of the neck,score goals,get stuck in etc. To be the man in midfield, maybe not at Gerrard's level but that same same all action midfielder and not just another cog in a midfield machine

His pressing and harrying were very good last night, often pushing ahead of the front 3 and then further back in midfield too. Was inevitably going to tire as the game went on. Another good performance in another win. It's amazing he can be involved in matches where we win and yet be shit at the same time, like some kind of Schroedinger's Naby.

7 hours ago, aRdja said:

We saw a bit of that in the first half I thought. He had a solid game, but enough to displace Gini or Hendo? You’ve gotta say no, so far. 

I think he's doing enough to be on par with them. We can now select 3 from 5 and barely anyone could moan.

I’d rather he play like last night than have a flashy performance where he gives the ball away in dangerous positions.  He was consistent for the whole game.  Making the right passes and pressing.  He looked like a proper part of our team which is what we should want.  I couldn’t care less about assists and goals if the side is winning with him in it and playing like it did last night.  He done his job like everyone else.

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Nah, he's not on a par with them or anywhere close.

It can't be disputed that he's at least close to them. It took me a while to accept we hadn't signed a hybrid of Kante and Iniesta, once no more is expected of him than we expect from Gini and Hendo then it has be accepted hes done whats asked of him very well.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He’s nowhere close? Come on mate. 

Nowhere close to being on a par is the context of my comment. Sorry bud, both Hendo and Gini get through far more work, productivity and names on the teamsheet ahead of him in my opinion. It took Hendo, what, 6 years to get the acclaim he does now from fans and Naby is now on a par? How many games has he turned it on? Not when you look at it objectively.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Nowhere close to being on a par is the context of my comment. Sorry bud, both Hendo and Gini get through far more work, productivity and names on the teamsheet ahead of him in my opinion. It took Hendo, what, 6 years to get the acclaim he does now from fans and Naby is now on a par? How many games has he turned it on? Not when you look at it objectively.

You said nowhere near close to being on par, he is in a lot of our opinions near to our main three. I never said on par, you said nowhere near. Henderson struggled for a while here early on, he had a great season when we nearly won the league under Rodgers, since Fabinho has arrived Henderson has been very good.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

You said nowhere near close to being on par, he is in a lot of our opinions near to our main three. I never said on par, you said nowhere near. Henderson struggled for a while here early on, he had a great season when we nearly won the league under Rodgers, since Fabinho has arrived Henderson has been very good.

Let's wind back a bit mate before it goes tits up. Yes, I said nowhere near to being on par in reply to someone else. No one is suggesting you mentioned him being on par so lets not go down straw man arguments.

Im just stating my opinion. Even on last night's single performance both Gini and Hendo will be on the teamsheet before him. He's a lot to do to show he's on a par with those two in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Let's wind back a bit mate before it goes tits up. Yes, I said nowhere near to being on par in reply to someone else. No one is suggesting you mentioned him being on par so lets not go down straw man arguments.

Im just stating my opinion. Even on last night's single performance both Gini and Hendo will be on the teamsheet before him. He's a lot to do to show he's on a par with those two in my opinion.

No one said Gini and Hendo wouldn't be on the team sheet before. It was a simple point that he has raised his game to the level where if he plays we are still at a very high level. You're entitled to your opinion but to say he's no where near them is just wrong.

• Upvote 1