You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The problem with him is he's a great presser and ball-winner which you would think would then translate to him really helping us in our defending but in actuality he often hinders our defending because he's had non-existent discipline, bad positional sense and he loses the ball/duels in bad areas of the pitch that he just can't be losing. 

It's at least a good sign that excuses are still continuously being made for him within the club. Means there's still some belief in him, I guess. 

He was much improved after the lockdown - getting stuck in in the defensive third and expressing himself more. The end of season break came too soon as it did with Fabinho who was back to his old self. Apart from staying fit, my worry is him not being able to get a rhythm going if he’s rotated with the arrival of Thiago and the emergence of Jones.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I dont think we will get more from him than we currently do. A man of moments and the odd good game. Id love for him to prove us wrong. 

He is a dud fans need to move on . As they say in Shawshank it's the hope that kills you . If he left tomorrow his highlights reel would be short.

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, kemskem said:

He was much improved after the lockdown - getting stuck in in the defensive third and expressing himself more. 

He was great in that Chelsea game last season. Won the ball high and then lashed one in the top corner.

My Dad watched quite a lot of the Bundesliga and said he did stuff like that every few weeks. But thats the first time in 2 years we've seen that. 

If Jones carries on his trajectory, I'd be happy to let Keita leave next summer. Make him part of any Mbappe / Haaland / Sancho deal.

7 hours ago, skend04 said:

There's nothing wrong with Keita, he plays exactly as Klopp wants him to play. If he was as bad as the last few pages suggest he wouldn't be in the team. Bizarre scenes.

He has qualities that Klopp appreciates but I don't think it's possible to say he's been anything but a disappointment. Not a lost cause, though. 

8 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Don’t talk about ‘ The Ox ‘ like that.

I prefer Keita to Chamberlain but not many wanted AOC to sign, so nobody expected anything other than what he has delivered, which is the odd screamer and inconsistency.

Keita was billed as an all action midfielder that would take the league by storm, our new 'Gerrard' but he's delivered very little apart from glimpses, he's yet to put it together and I don't think he ever will. I could forgive his poor positioning, losing the ball in dangerous areas and generally poor defensive play if he was contributing in attack but he's invisible most of the time. I judge him different to our water carriers as he's meant to be the guy to unlock defenses. He needs to do much more, which means more goals, assists and successful dribbles to create opportunities for himself and others.

I don't think he's a bad player but he's just meh and couldn't care less if we sold him.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

I prefer Keita to Chamberlain but not many wanted AOC to sign, so nobody expected anything other than what he has delivered, which is the odd screamer and inconsistency.

Keita was billed as an all action midfielder that would take the league by storm, our new 'Gerrard' but he's delivered very little apart from glimpses, he's yet to put it together and I don't think he ever will. I could forgive his poor positioning, losing the ball in dangerous areas and generally poor defensive play if he was contributing in attack but he's invisible most of the time. I judge him different to our water carriers as he's meant to be the guy to unlock defenses. He needs to do much more, which means more goals, assists and successful dribbles to create opportunities for himself and others.

I don't think he's a bad player but he's just meh and couldn't care less if we sold him.

Fair enough. As you know things can just turn. It has happened.