You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

37 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Do you put something like this on Twitter? Seems to me there could have been a better way. Maybe through a Solicitor and Civil proceedings. But what do I know.

A lot of people do, yes.  I'd say there's certainly been time for her to have gone through the criminal process and explore the cost of a civil action and then say, fuck it.

There are issues with the story, but half of the ones being mentioned on twitter are clearly selective reading (she says the person claimed to be his agent, not that he definitely was... she also did not get a Chinese later in the evening...). Frankly, the reaction on there has been as embarrassing as football twitter usually is. Some of the rationalising, reaching reasons people are using to excuse their abuse of this girl are completely pathetic.

Really hope it's untrue.

• Upvote 2

It's impossible to adequately respond to allegations like these because if you say you want to wait for justice to carry itself out, it must mean you don't believe the accuser. Don't know why anyone bothers to comment. You look like a jackass either way. 

Anyway, in this case, whether he did it or not, the police looked at it and decided not to do anything, so nothing will happen. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Do you put something like this on Twitter? Seems to me there could have been a better way. Maybe through a Solicitor and Civil proceedings. But what do I know.

You do if you feel wronged, under represented and cast aside by an unbalanced legal system and a millionaire footballer. Twitter is an amazing leveller, good and yes, mostly bad.

Is it possible she thought she was with Keita thinking she was with Mané and after giving Mané consent realised after showing photos that it was actually Keita? Thereby in her head she gave consent to Mané and not Keita? Imagine the rabbithole that would open up in legal cases.

"I was convinced I was with Ryan Giggs' brother and it turns out I was with Ryan Giggs."

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

"pre-emptively" nope, when I caught the story this morning her twitter post had 600+ with tons of vile comments, like you'd expect on that awful platform. 

When I looked at Twitter this morning there were a hell of a lot of that #lfcfamily saying that she shouldn’t be attacked. 

As for “it looks pretty bad” or some such, that does look like you’re leaning one way so maybe a better choice of words wouldn’t have gone amiss. Something like “there do appear to be questions for him to answer.”

56 minutes ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

Is it possible she thought she was with Keita thinking she was with Mané and after giving Mané consent realised after showing photos that it was actually Keita? Thereby in her head she gave consent to Mané and not Keita? Imagine the rabbithole that would open up in legal cases.

"I was convinced I was with Ryan Giggs' brother and it turns out I was with Ryan Giggs."

I can see that.  Those Giggs all look the same to me.

4 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Call me old fashioned but I'd call the police. 

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's impossible to adequately respond to allegations like these because if you say you want to wait for justice to carry itself out, it must mean you don't believe the accuser. Don't know why anyone bothers to comment. You look like a jackass either way. 

Anyway, in this case, whether he did it or not, the police looked at it and decided not to do anything, so nothing will happen. 

MIGHT AS WELL CLOSE THE FORUM AND NOT EVEN HAVE A MIDDLE-AGED MEN PONTIFICATING OVER RAPE ALLEGATIONS THREAD.

• Upvote 1

Police have looked at it and done nothing so obviously nothing in it. The message she put up as well...Maine?? And then having to explain she meant to write man??

If something happened she would really have mentioned it in the first message she sent her mum

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Some very unsavoury posts in this thread. 

Yeah, all a bit weird. I’ve no fucking idea what the truth is and as I’m not involved, I’ll stay the fuck away from it. What I do know is, in general terms, responding to people who claim (legit or otherwise) to have been sexually assaulted with crude insults only serves to discourage victims of assault to come forward. On top of that, it’s just unbecoming. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Numero said:

Yeah, all a bit weird. I’ve no fucking idea what the truth is and as I’m not involved, I’ll stay the fuck away from it. What I do know is, in general terms, responding to people who claim (legit or otherwise) to have been sexually assaulted with crude insults only serves to discourage victims of assault to come forward. On top of that, it’s just unbecoming. 

It’s far too much like the tabloid reaction of ‘but she’d had a previous sex life’ for my liking. 

Just now, lifetime fan said:

It’s far too much like the tabloid reaction of ‘but she’d had a previous sex life’ for my liking. 

Yeah. I’ve no idea if she’s a bullahitter or not, but there’s a certain way to react to this. Insults about her being a tart or whatever... not our finest moment.