You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stats should add to and clarify what you see, not override it. Naby is playing a lot worse than he did in Germany and isn’t fitting that well into the system. A bit like Shaq. It might have something to do with injuries, the league, not getting the tactical side, or a mixture. He’s quite obviously not at his best. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Stats should add to and clarify what you see, not override it. Naby is playing a lot worse than he did in Germany and isn’t fitting that well into the system. A bit like Shaq. It might have something to do with injuries, the league, not getting the tactical side, or a mixture. He’s quite obviously not at his best. 

This. 100%

21 minutes ago, LF:D said:

OMG just read that.

"Clarify what you see" - LOL 

Yes no bias at all! 

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

I'm a fan of Naby. He brings something different and works very hard in tight spots - always looking for the forward pass. But if you compare his performances with his time in Germany then there's something just not right. Maybe that's what JK wants, maybe it's Naby not settling. Who knows? But it's undeniable regardless of what stats say.

You do know that the human brain is more capable than computers? It's one of the reasons humans are better at galaxy identification than computers. So maybe, just maybe, the human eye can spot that Naby isn't performing at his peak, regardless of what any amount of "Stats" tell.

4 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

OMG and LOL in the same post.

That's ruined my day.

I put him on ignore ages ago, but it looks like he’s quoting me there. Well, a very small part of something I said. Nice to know I still annoy LFD from beyond the veil. OMG LOL BMW BBC. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

I'm a fan of Naby. He brings something different and works very hard in tight spots - always looking for the forward pass. But if you compare his performances with his time in Germany then there's something just not right. Maybe that's what JK wants, maybe it's Naby not settling. Who knows? But it's undeniable regardless of what stats say.

You do know that the human brain is more capable than computers? It's one of the reasons humans are better at galaxy identification than computers. So maybe, just maybe, the human eye can spot that Naby isn't performing at his peak, regardless of what any amount of "Stats" tell.

the human brain also beats the robot in picking out the 4 out of 8 photos that feature a bridge or road sign.

we are not robots!!

• Upvote 1

I literally can’t believe everyone doesn’t see everything the exact same way I do. If only they could drop their bias and prejudice (clearly the only reason they don’t agree with me) they’d see what I do with my perfectly untrammelled objectivity, as confirmed by the ultimate authority on such matters; myself.

4F85ECDC-1DF0-483E-BE63-CC07BB7DDB1D.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Yeah - for a £50 million midfielder, I'm most interested in the clinical pieces of skill - the goals, the assists, the 'De Bruyne quality'. Maybe that's an error of thinking on my part overlooking those other items. I do think that those other items can be inflated in the context of a team game. Are Keita's 'pressing-stats' (however those are defined) any better than Wijnaldum's? Henderson's? That's a genuine question - because playing in the greatest team in the world I would sort of expect metrics like 'passing the ball forward' to be very high, by definition of the way the team plays and the movement of our world class players around him, but maybe its not the case. 30 odd games, couple of goals and a couple of assists. From a 50 million £ midfielder who is playing 'well'? hmm

The only 2 games he has lost where in semi reserve teams in the FA cup and league cup. He also lost 2 CL games but he went off early in both injured. 

His injury record is a concern but those figures prove he doesn't weaken the team when he plays. We're not paupers any more, we can afford to have £50m subs so forget about the fee and the initial expectations and be glad we have quality on the bench.

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Accused of sexual assault by a girl on twitter.  Looks pretty bad.  Enter the #lfcfamily piling on her. 

Looks like a load of shite more like it.   More holes in her story than a block of Swiss cheese. 

Niice of the police to let her take photos of the evidence bags. 

• Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Accused of sexual assault by a girl on twitter.  Looks pretty bad.  Enter the #lfcfamily piling on her. 

Love the way on the one hand you pre-emptively accuse our fans of a pile on, and on the other almost assume his guilt. Practice what you’re preaching and let the authorities do their investigation and if there is a trial, let the jury hear the evidence and decide. 

• Upvote 1

I believe the police aren’t pushing ahead with it due to a lack of evidence from their part to get a conviction. It is very hard to prove sexual assault after it’s happened. thus why she’s gone to twitter. She literally finishes the tweets with “you failed me X police force”. 

I can’t for the life of me see what positive she gets by making this up and posting it to the world. She’s just going to get abuse and hate because the arseholes, mainly male of course, will assume she’s lying and pile on. And, of course, the replies on twitter are about as shite as you’d imagine. So, you know, maybe, just maybe, we should not decide she’s a liar immediately?

God forbid we could actually support this girl and wait for a response from Kieta. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

I believe the police aren’t pushing ahead with it due to a lack of evidence from their part to get a conviction. It is very hard to prove sexual assault after it’s happened. thus why she’s gone to twitter. She literally finishes the tweets with “you failed me X police force”. 

I can’t for the life of me see what positive she gets by making this up and posting it to the world. She’s just going to get abuse and hate because the arseholes, mainly male of course, will assume she’s lying and pile on. And, of course, the replies on twitter are about as shite as you’d imagine. So, you know, maybe, just maybe, we should not decide she’s a liar immediately?

God forbid we could actually support this girl and wait for a response from Kieta. 

I think using Twitter is the wrong place for this and is a major own goal(no pun intended) on her part. I'm with Anubis on this.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

I think using Twitter is the wrong place for this and is a major own goal(no pun intended) on her part. I'm with Anubis on this.

Possibly. But the only other formats were probably tabloids which I would deem even worse visually. But it sounds like there was no where else left to go as the police aren’t following up. So this is probably her only way of getting some form of justice in her mind. 

Just now, JohnnyH said:

Possibly. But the only other formats were probably tabloids which I would deem even worse visually. But it sounds like there was no where else left to go as the police aren’t following up. So this is probably her only way of getting some form of justice in her mind. 

Fair point.

Yeah thats the worst of twitter that. Obviously we don't know and probably won't ever by the looks of it but if he has done it I hope he gets found out and fucked off. Thing is, even if he didn't mud sticks and he will be getting baited for this for the rest of his career. 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah thats the worst of twitter that. Obviously we don't know and probably won't ever by the looks of it but if he has done it I hope he gets found out and fucked off. Thing is, even if he didn't mud sticks and he will be getting baited for this for the rest of his career. 

If there is any truth in it I'd imagine Klopp wouldn't keep him around for long.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Love the way on the one hand you pre-emptively accuse our fans of a pile on, and on the other almost assume his guilt. Practice what you’re preaching and let the authorities do their investigation and if there is a trial, let the jury hear the evidence and decide. 

Correct and could I add same goes for players from other teams who stand accused of similar offences. I find it disconcerting posters labelling and naming players as the rapist "insert name" etc etc. As you say let case be decided before labelling.