You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Amendment to earlier post - he also looked very good at the start against Barcelona at the Nou Camp. Of course he then went off injured, and the reshuffle led directly to their first goal. His injury record feels like it puts Harry Kewells in the shade.

I reckon he goes in the summer for about £30-35m back to Germany.

He is not cut out for this league and never will be.

As stated previously a senior BBC journalist told me we missed something on his medical. The number of injuries he gets etc indicates that might be right

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

This will contradict the two posts from myself on this page, but the more I watch him, the more I dislike him. I feel like he is good on the stat sheet, but he lacks something intangible.

There's a lack of athleticism and intensity from him that I don't like. He wins the ball and passes it better than Chamberlain, but I would rarely say he has more of an impact than Chamberlain. 

That's a fair point.

36 minutes ago, redheart said:

I reckon he goes in the summer for about £30-35m back to Germany.

He is not cut out for this league and never will be.

As stated previously a senior BBC journalist told me we missed something on his medical. The number of injuries he gets etc indicates that might be right

Taking up half a Havertz fee on the books. As others have said Harry Kewell , Joe Cole talented footballers just don't cut it for us. Really don't get his attitude either Henderson and milner out for an extended time, Ox being eased back in surely this was the time to show us the "red card" collecting player from Germany. Even if he was playing poorly he should have been putting a shift in. One of those were as a fan you just shake your head cause you can see the talent and touch but cannot help thinking this is not working. Compare to a visibly out of touch Salah . Does not hide , keeps doing the defensive stuff, shows for the other players , shanks , miscues, blazes over bar or at keeper but has the mentality to stay involved and keep going.  There was a minute last night he was battling on rhs faffing about and tippy tappy trying to shield/steal possession from defender lost out and fab steams in from CM and takes ball man and nearly Naby who is mearly a bystander at this stage out into touch.  

• Upvote 1

Judging him on last night is a little harsh. If I had never seen Bobby play before and watched him last night, I would wonder what on Earth is he doing in this team that's top of the League. West Ham played better than expected, Liverpool players were generally having an off night (except the fullbacks who seem to be made of stardust) and we managed a win.

He may or may not be good enough but last night was not the match to make that decision.

Like many others I really want to see something from him but as the game wore on last night he just faded. It didn't help Naby that the second he went off his replacement was so dynamic and we looked a different team attacking wise.

I don't think he will stay beyond the summer.

His injury record is most at fault than any lack of ability or 'courage'. He's constantly starting over, gets little chance to build up any rhythm and by the time he does he tweaks a muscle and is then out again for several weeks. It's frustrating as he's shown ability but if this is going to keep on happening then the club likely have to let him move on. Possibly still as the only player not to have lost a league game he's started in.

• Upvote 1

Not every signing can work out as originally conceived, too many variables at play. If Naby stays and we keep just hoping things click, we don’t buy someone else in his position who may slot in and perform more consistently than he’s been able to.

Always been the case for me that a second full season without it all coming together would be the time to cut our losses. The risk of it just continuing year on year becomes too great.

Time is fast running out.

• Upvote 3

On 07/01/2020 at 16:42, rb14 said:

120k a week? One hundred and twenty fucking grand a week? Fuck me, for sitting on a bed being massaged? Poor fucker. I had to give some masseur 120 knicker to GET massaged in Bangkok and what I had to lie on could only be called a "bed" in the loosest possible sense. 

No player would sign for me. "Here you go, you get 500 knicker a week when you're not fit to play or you come off injured - unless there's one of the four B's. Bruise, Blood, Bone or Brain. And it's 250 knicker if you play - or train - shite. Regular players can have loads, no problemmo. League and cup win bonuses on top. Wages will be forfeit if you don't stand in front of the kop and applaud their support or take their criticism. Now, take it or fuckoff."

Thank you for your application , unfortunately we have decided to go in a different direction.

Please accept our best wishes for your future.

8 hours ago, skaro said:

Klopp will keep the faith in him.

Jurgen saw what we saw.  Didn’t meet the minimum requirement of commitment and intensity for a Klopp midfielder . As someone said the Gini for Holland plays differently than Gini for LFC. He gets it , does what the coach wants and adapts his game. Our front three can score , create and bamboozle with the ball , it is our midfielders job to win possession and get it to them in order for them to to their thing very simple. Ox did fine but I would have Jones ahead of Naby now. If we win league need to give this lad a run in the team to see if he can perform the required tasks of our midfielders in the future. 

I say keep him - if we want to really have class squad depth then he is ideal - a player with quality who won't play every week, but offers very good level back up, can come in and do a job - his injury record is a concern but for my money having him around playing 20-25 games a season across all comps/being a sub is about where he is at and we could do a lot worse than have a player of his ability filling a squad place like that.

Question is i suppose is will he be happy with that.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, skend04 said:

His injury record is most at fault than any lack of ability or 'courage'. He's constantly starting over, gets little chance to build up any rhythm and by the time he does he tweaks a muscle and is then out again for several weeks. It's frustrating as he's shown ability but if this is going to keep on happening then the club likely have to let him move on. Possibly still as the only player not to have lost a league game he's started in.

Shows how stats can be skewed because I can safely say although he started last night ( and kept his run going) he made zero contribution to us winning the game.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Not every signing can work out as originally conceived, too many variables at play. If Naby stays and we keep just hoping things click, we don’t buy someone else in his position who may slot in and perform more consistently than he’s been able to.

Always been the case for me that a second full season without it all coming together would be the time to cut our losses. The risk of it just continuing year on year becomes too great.

Time is fast running out.

Timid

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1