You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just now, Baltar said:

The whole team missed Hendo. Keita would have played better if he Hendo besides him but yeah, he is alarmingly inconsistent. He seems to have one amazing game then 4 average ones. Personally would start Ox ahead of him every time. 

Agreed about Hendo. But the thing is, Naby wouldnt have played tonight if Hendo or even Milner were fit. That's part of his problem, he isnt consistent enough and getting to grips with the PL but until he does, he's generally only going to play when one of the midfielders in front of him are injured.

8 minutes ago, Baltar said:

The whole team missed Hendo. Keita would have played better if he Hendo besides him but yeah, he is alarmingly inconsistent. He seems to have one amazing game then 4 average ones. Personally would start Ox ahead of him every time. 

That sounds very generous.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Agree on Ox. Probably a more limited footballer, but gives absolutely everything once he steps on the pitch. 

Has Keita ever had an amazing game? Which one? He is very very lucky all of our other dealings have gone so right; a squad full of signings like him and we’d have been staring down the barrel of a Rodgers-final-season esque situation. 

Just now, Alex_K said:

Has Keita ever had an amazing game? Which one? He is very very lucky all of our other dealings have gone so right; a squad full of signings like him and we’d have been staring down the barrel of a Rodgers-final-season esque situation. 

He's bossed it against some shite sides like Burnley and Bournemouth. I don't think he's ever played in a truly big game for us, to be fair. 

14 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I think Fabinho/Hendo/Wijnaldum is still our best midfield by a distance. 

Yeah, physically we just hammer teams with those 3. Win every duel, every second ball. And we don't lose much of that when Chamberlain plays either, but with Keita it seems different.

There's a place and time for a more creative midfielder, obviously, but like I said the more he plays, the less I think it should be him. I don't think we're getting rid, but maybe something will give in the summer if the rest of the season doesn't go well for him. 

24 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's bossed it against some shite sides like Burnley and Bournemouth. I don't think he's ever played in a truly big game for us, to be fair. 

I think he’s got 1 game in 2 years where he has a goal and an assist in a single match - and that was against Bournemouth who we’ve scored 24 goals against as a team in the last 8 games. The Burnley game for example he didn’t score in. The only game he truly excelled in that I can remember — above other players on the pitch that is — was Leicester away at the new year when he was very good. Otherwise .. I come up blanks. Very happy to hear of other ones as I may just be missing them - but it would be good if they can be quantified too. Cantwell may have more goals and assists this season than Keita in 2: it’s not good. 

56 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

This will contradict the two posts from myself on this page, but the more I watch him, the more I dislike him. I feel like he is good on the stat sheet, but he lacks something intangible.

There's a lack of athleticism and intensity from him that I don't like. He wins the ball and passes it better than Chamberlain, but I would rarely say he has more of an impact than Chamberlain. 

Also contradicting earlier view points is a good thing .. it at least shows capacity for developing a view point. Far too many avatars on a screen determined to peddle the same point irrespective of developments: very boring. I was hugely on the Keita train when he joined but there’s a case for him being one of our worst transfers ever (£-for-£) but it’s been masked by other great signings around him and Henderson’s emergence. The player most similar to him at this point from history is Aquillani who was another v highly rated, technical midfield from a decent European club whose body was made of crisps.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Keita joined us in the same summer Fred joined United for a similar fee; Fred is only just getting to grips with the league and looking decent, and he's played more games than Keita. The time to judge will be at least a year from now.

Difference is fred is getting to play in a poor team because the rest of the squad is poor at united. He wouldnt get in united side of even a few years ago. Not sure I agree fred even looks decent to be honest.

Im sure Jurgen is going to be fiercely loyal to Naby. But, if he isnt going to feature much in the team, maybe he'll decide to move on?

He was shocking against West Ham last night. Spent most of his 60 waste of minutes doing a grand sum of nothing. 99% of his passes were backwards despite spending almost all of his time as a defender. No wonder West Ham scored twice, we were playing with ten men. He was totally absent and had as much impact as one of the bubbles their supporters are so famous for blowing.

Klopp is human, he makes mistakes. He needs to bite the bullet and jib Keita off ASAP.

• Upvote 1