You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 05/01/2020 at 10:49, rb14 said:

I'm getting totally bored with him. He might have epic abilities, he might need just a proper run, but we see next to fuck all because he's always fucking injured. Injured in a warm-up. Really? After like a million years out through injury? 

I should know, but I don't; do we still pay them full-whack when they're injured? I mean what proper incentive do players have to be match-fit? I'd pay them fuck all. 

From primary school, every team I've played for has two or three Keita, Lallana, Kewell, Cole types who get the tiniest of knocks and are practically operated on whilst writhing around on the pitch, then out for twenty fucking million weeks. Just piss off. 

Nobody of the level we have would ever sign for the club if that were the terms you were giving them.

51 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

FSG are known to love contracts with a comparatively low basic wage and lots of bonus clauses. No idea if that's what Keita is actually on.

If it's appearances based no wonder he was seen shopping in thriftys.

On 04/01/2020 at 11:33, SasaS said:

I am always baffled by Shaq's calf injuries, he looks like he could handle being shot out of a cannon every week, let alone our fitness demands.

Keita on the other hand looks like any tackle would snap him in two. 

Maybe Shaq is being shot out of a cannon twice a week? 

On 05/01/2020 at 10:49, rb14 said:

I'm getting totally bored with him. He might have epic abilities, he might need just a proper run, but we see next to fuck all because he's always fucking injured. Injured in a warm-up. Really? After like a million years out through injury? 

I should know, but I don't; do we still pay them full-whack when they're injured? I mean what proper incentive do players have to be match-fit? I'd pay them fuck all. 

From primary school, every team I've played for has two or three Keita, Lallana, Kewell, Cole types who get the tiniest of knocks and are practically operated on whilst writhing around on the pitch, then out for twenty fucking million weeks. Just piss off. 

This policy has worked wonders for the Tories.

Unless you're a 'stellar' player and can write your own contract terms, just about every club operates a basic wage with bonuses for appearances, goals, competition etc to some level.

When Bobby first signed it was well known his contract was heavily on goal bonuses.

Id imagine Naby will be on a basic with bonuses for domestic and European appearances. Maybe there's a goal bonus as well. His basic is supposed to be around £120k a week. That's from the same source that gave Gomez as being on £28k a week, Trent £40k and Robbo £50k!

120k a week? One hundred and twenty fucking grand a week? Fuck me, for sitting on a bed being massaged? Poor fucker. I had to give some masseur 120 knicker to GET massaged in Bangkok and what I had to lie on could only be called a "bed" in the loosest possible sense. 

No player would sign for me. "Here you go, you get 500 knicker a week when you're not fit to play or you come off injured - unless there's one of the four B's. Bruise, Blood, Bone or Brain. And it's 250 knicker if you play - or train - shite. Regular players can have loads, no problemmo. League and cup win bonuses on top. Wages will be forfeit if you don't stand in front of the kop and applaud their support or take their criticism. Now, take it or fuckoff."

• Upvote 1

EN2WW26WsAETIad.png:large

Didn't play lots of games so small sample but he was basically world class when he was playing. Tackles, interceptions, pressing, passing, chance creation, dribbling, etc... all near the top for his position. Needs a summer off of competitions and hopefully he'll get right.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

EN2WW26WsAETIad.png:large

Didn't play lots of games so small sample but he was basically world class when he was playing. Tackles, interceptions, pressing, passing, chance creation, dribbling, etc... all near the top for his position. Needs a summer off of competitions and hopefully he'll get right.

So we have to wait fo two full seasons before he starts to play consistently for us? I like him, if he could stay for he'd be sensational but at this point it doesn't look like it's ever going to happen. When did a player ever start his career with so many injuries and so frequently in and out of the team to then become a stalwart? 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

So we have to wait fo two full seasons before he starts to play consistently for us? I like him, if he could stay for he'd be sensational but at this point it doesn't look like it's ever going to happen. When did a player ever start his career with so many injuries and so frequently in and out of the team to then become a stalwart? 

I'm just saying the performances when he's been fit this season have objectively been very good. That will earn him more patience and goodwill. He could still come back this season and continue to be great too.

If he's got the summer off after this season and he still gets all these muscle injuries after, then the club will probably have a decision to make regarding his future.

• 1 month later...

Don't think we are ever going to see the player we thought we bought. He's decent on the ball makes good runs but just seems to lack that push to really make it. Wouldnt be surprised to see him moved on soon, especially if the stories of Havertz etc are true

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Don't think we are ever going to see the player we thought we bought. He's decent on the ball makes good runs but just seems to lack that push to really make it. Wouldnt be surprised to see him moved on soon, especially if the stories of Havertz etc are true

I tend to agree with you. You want the lad to blossom here but it just doesnt seem to me like it's going to happen. And you cant have a £54m squad player who sometimes isnt even in the match day squad.

This will contradict the two posts from myself on this page, but the more I watch him, the more I dislike him. I feel like he is good on the stat sheet, but he lacks something intangible.

There's a lack of athleticism and intensity from him that I don't like. He wins the ball and passes it better than Chamberlain, but I would rarely say he has more of an impact than Chamberlain.