You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

41 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I never watched him for his previous club but jumped on the hype train. Judging by what I see, he has skill but we don't see it enough, seems lightweight, so far massively underwhelming.

Being so lightweight seems to be his problem both on the pitch and possibly the reason for so many injuries. He needs his African mother to cook some of those protein rich African dishes and get him eating scouse regularly too. Bulk little Naby right up. Or he could ask some friends at Barcelona for a few 'supplements' as used by young Lionel.

I'm quite happy to follow Jurgen's lead with Naby.  It's clear through listening to Jurgen talk about him and the fact he always tries to get him involved when available (run in last year before the Barca injury) that he defo rates in him. 

He hasn't been good enough for large parts yet but I do have that feeling that IF it clicks, the lad will take some stopping.

I think Naby will come good and he actually has been good in spells. In terms of what sort of player he is he's a high tempo midfielder who plays between the lines and tries to set things up in the final third. If he can stay injury free then he'll be a real player for us in my view. I appreciate that the need for patience is frustrating but then our luck with injuries has been frustrating generally.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He was regularly getting booked and sent off for his aggression in Germany, a lot unwarranted. He might be small but he is strong, like I may be fat but i’m slow.

These niggles ( racist ) need sorting and that Uber cunt who managed Guinea in the summer needs a slap.

Confidence is a great thing, once fit he should be eased in at the end of games we are comfortably winning instead of being given full starts in the minor trophies we are in. Gradually build him up, we're going to need the full squad during the busy period and thereafter, it would be great if we go into that with him paying back the faith. As you said, he was an aggressive player in the Bundesliga and strong on the ball. 

4 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Confidence is a great thing, once fit he should be eased in at the end of games we are comfortably winning instead of being given full starts in the minor trophies we are in. Gradually build him up, we're going to need the full squad during the busy period and thereafter, it would be great if we go into that with him paying back the faith. As you said, he was an aggressive player in the Bundesliga and strong on the ball. 

There aren't too many games where we're 2 or 3 up early doors! We've had to fight for everything. Hopefully bring him on if we're 4 up against the booooos.

Naby Keita the new  Redknapp, Aurellio, Borini, Carroll, Sturridge, Lallana,  pick any player who was always injured for the majority of any given season. 

And tbh, hes not all that, that we were led to think he would be, IMHO.

Dont rate him, dont care what others think, he isnt good enough, cup game fill in at best.

• Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, MOGLET said:

Naby Keita the new  Redknapp, Aurellio, Borini, Carroll, Sturridge, Lallana,  pick any player who was always injured for the majority of any given season. 

And tbh, hes not all that, that we were led to think he would be, IMHO.

Dont rate him, dont care what others think, he isnt good enough, cup game fill in at best.

Did you copy paste that from some wankers Facebook?

I'm losing hope in his ability. I don't buy the "he's not suited for the league/he's injury prone/he's lightweight" stuff. I think it might be as simple as he had 1 excellent season at Leipzig in his early 20's and his skill set popped out at Klopp and the analytics people but it was still only 1 season. He wasn't great his last year at Leipzig before he was meant to come here. 

He's not untalented. You can see the vision to pass the ball through the lines, the touch and the ability to dribble, but he doesn't put it together consistently. 

The problem is that football moves fast and now he's in his mid 20's and we're still talking about how he looked that 1 year.