You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I agree.  I think he will become our box to box midfielder.  He needs games, confidence will flow. 

Had the same issues when moving to Germany, apparently. The sooner he can get back to being Naby 'world class superstar in the making' Keita instead of Naby 'what's all the fuss about' Keita, the better. Hopefully in the next few games. Like the CL final and winning us the league. 

I think it's just a confidence thing, he's playing with the big boys now and has probably been over thinking every move he makes. Since he's scored he's looked like a different player. 

When I was a kid I used to play footy during lunch time, got to a point where some of the lads who play for a proper team thought I was decent enough to join them, on my debut I got subbed on at halftime playing right back, I thought I did OK, but I got told afterwards that I didn't leave the 15 yard radius around the right corner of the box and the touchline, I was so focused on staying in position that I had barely moved. 

Rainhill Rockets reached a new low point on that day. 

So I know exactly how Naby feels. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

He’s getting there I reckon. Keep hold of the lad and see what we get next season. If everyone stays we will be better than we have been this season. Fucking frightening for the rest. It’s always great being a red but how great has it been this season. Naby could play a big part.

I do wonder if he's holding back a bit. If someone's has a word to curb the silly tackles etc that where getting him sent off last year. Haven't seen much aggression from him, add that to language barrier etc. I'm sure we will see more once he feels settled. But if we got a offer in and he wanted out(if he not comfortable in England) I wouldn't be overly worried and it could fund a more attacking creative midfielder we need and Hendo, Chamberlain could cover that 8 role. Still got plenty of hope we see the player he was at Leipzig  though. 

Klopp doesn't seem to trust him or Shaqiri. Maybe next year Keita might have a bit more freedom to do what he wants. I think Shaqiri may leave if we get an offer for more than we paid for him, which wasn't much. 

We wouldn't get any decent offers near what we paid for Keita unless some Chinese club decided to bid for him.

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Klopp doesn't seem to trust him or Shaqiri. Maybe next year Keita might have a bit more freedom to do what he wants. I think Shaqiri may leave if we get an offer for more than we paid for him, which wasn't much. 

We wouldn't get any decent offers near what we paid for Keita unless some Chinese club decided to bid for him.

Agree with Shaqiri 

Think he was only ever bought knowing that he could be shifted on for a profit, same as Solanke. If they worked out brilliant, if not extra money made

Reckon we could get 40/50ml off Bayern for Nabby,. They'll be having a clear out and if Thiago leaves

He’s been class the last few games.  He won’t be going anywhere in the summer.  Klopp is trusting him recently when all the midfield have been fit.  The same can’t be said for Shaqiri which is a shame really because he’s played well in most games he’s been involved in.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Guest said:

He’s been class the last few games.  He won’t be going anywhere in the summer.  Klopp is trusting him recently when all the midfield have been fit.  The same can’t be said for Shaqiri which is a shame really because he’s played well in most games he’s been involved in.

He’s been good in the last few games. And will only get better. With him we have a fourth player that can take on defenders 1v1 for fun. But still needs to improve/adapt tactically.