You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I don’t want to be negative but he still looked a liability defensively.  He dawdled on the ball a number of times again.  His goal was massively lucky and I don’t even think his header was going on target.  He should have had a penalty though and got better as the game went on.  I wouldn’t be playing him in the run in myself but I don’t see what Klopp sees everyday.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, belarus said:

The shaqiri snubbing is beyond bizarre. As were the continual public bollockings he would get at the end of every game he played. 

I don't think it is. He has no place in our current shape. The only position we've played him in is a free role behind the attack and Klopp must think we can't sacrifice a midfielder for that type of player considering how much every result matters at this time. Also, he can't come in to a game and do the same job any of our front three does. 

He’s scored 6 and has 2 assists in his 21 games, mainly off the bench.

He would come on, score and have a blinder, then Klopp would run over to him at full time and bollock him. Defo some more to it.

17 minutes ago, belarus said:

He’s scored 6 and has 2 assists in his 21 games, mainly off the bench.

He would come on, score and have a blinder, then Klopp would run over to him at full time and bollock him. Defo some more to it.

Think Klopp is big on personality/attitude. Shaqiri must have irked him at some point.    

15 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Get Shaq, Studge, The Flying Mig and Big Div some minutes, maybe Joey Gomez, The Ox and, dare I say it, Albie Moreno too. 

I have a feeling Origi will be kept. Probably too early for Gomez and AoC.

The other three should never play for us again - no reason.

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

I don’t want to be negative but he still looked a liability defensively.  He dawdled on the ball a number of times again.  His goal was massively lucky and I don’t even think his header was going on target.  He should have had a penalty though and got better as the game went on.  I wouldn’t be playing him in the run in myself but I don’t see what Klopp sees everyday.

Tough crowd. 

Neville’s just done a good breakdown of how he was defensively shite in the Southampton game.  It’s not always a positional thing.  It’s down to basic reading of the game and situations a lot of the time which is a hard thing to teach/learn.  He just does not see runners or danger.

3 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Neville’s just done a good breakdown of how he was defensively shite in the Southampton game.  It’s not always a positional thing.  It’s down to basic reading of the game and situations a lot of the time which is a hard thing to teach/learn.  He just does not see runners or danger.

I thought he did ok and Fabinho was pretty awful for most of the game too. Its going to take time if you are in and out of the team to know your role fully. I think its unfair to single out one player when so many were below standard for large parts of the game.

PS,fuck Gary Neville.

Been thinking about this recently. Our team is often more than the sum of its parts, largely due to how players combine. We rarely excel due to moments of individual skill, and instead the link ups and partnerships are crucial.

For whatever reason, Keita struggles to work consistently off someone else. He looks like he's not sure who to take his position from, and how to combine with others. The game I thought he looked his best was on the left of midfield, but dropping deeper to allow Fabinho to stride forward. A bit of a limited role, but it made him less of a liability.

Two vital - deflected - goals from this cat in successive big games.

Still has a tendency to give possession away but great to see a bit of improvement from him.

For me, our first choice midfield three right now is Fabinho/Wijnaldum/Henderson.