You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

41 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Probably why we pulled the plug on Fekir but it makes you wonder why they signed Chamberlain given their position since. Must have thought there's no way a player with three knee injuries will get any more or maybe it just didn't occur to them at that stage.

Probably just a bit desperate to show the fans they were willing to splash some cash if necessary,and add another British born player to the quota. We paid a premium for his 'Britishness' though.

16 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Probably just a bit desperate to show the fans they were willing to splash some cash if necessary,and add another British born player to the quota. We paid a premium for his 'Britishness' though.

Or Klopp just rated him and was willing to take the risk? Worked out right, as we almost won the CL, Had he been fit for it who knows..

30 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Or Klopp just rated him and was willing to take the risk? Worked out right, as we almost won the CL, Had he been fit for it who knows..

If that's the case, you could argue that we should have signed Fekir too as he was clearly rated. Perhaps once bitten but it's not like we didn't have injury prone players at the time Chamberlain was signed...

4 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

If that's the case, you could argue that we should have signed Fekir too as he was clearly rated. Perhaps once bitten but it's not like we didn't have injury prone players at the time Chamberlain was signed...

I’m not sure what point you’re making here. I would’ve gone for Fekir for sure.

24 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’m not sure what point you’re making here. I would’ve gone for Fekir for sure.

They pulled out of the signing allegedly due to concerns over his injury record which seemed similar to Chamberlain's. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The decent second half doesn't matter. He in essence cost us the 3 points, even though we wouldn't have deserved it anyways. 

I don't like singling out players in that way.  Defending is always a collective art, he's not the one who gave the free kick away. 

10 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I don't like singling out players in that way.  Defending is always a collective art, he's not the one who gave the free kick away. 

He gave the ball away needlessly before it and then Antonio just ran by him to score. But you're right, we were terrible defensively as a whole. 

The No 10 position is the only I can see him having any sort of positive impact on our play at the moment. Too slow to play on the left, and too big a liability defensively to play in central midfield. He's got to be one of the most abysmal tackler I've seen. Lost count of how many times he seems favourite to a loose ball and yet still end up somehow giving a foul away. He does have a creative spark about him though which could be handy in the attacking midfield position, and he's also less likely to cost us defensively the further he is from our own half.