You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 hours ago, Wicket said:

i thought he did 'ok' in a game where others stunk the place out like Salah and Shaqiri. Personally i would have kept him on as I thought he was starting to make a bit of headway the deeper that Leicester got in the second half, especially so when Fabinho came on.

Agree.

When a player is struggling I’m looking for improvement. It’s never going to be “Eureka! Suddenly world class”. It’s about hard work and improving step by step. He was better yesterday, hopefully he can improve from that base the next time.

The problem is we need to field our strongest XI in every single remaining match this season. We can’t afford any sacrifice to bed him in. He’ll need to improve beyond expectations if he’s going to have an impact on our chances to grab the holy grail.

• Upvote 3

On 1/31/2019 at 10:10 AM, johnsusername said:

Won't get a look in when Chamberlain is back, and rightly so. If Everton or Man U had bought him for £53m we'd be laughing our keks off. 

Give him the Bayern games and then send him on his summer holidays early. Tell him to eat some steaks, drink some milk and lift some barbells cos he looked like he was going to blow away in the wind last night. 

Massive disappointment. Massive. 

Swap him back to Leipzig for Werner! Only kidding,we'll have both of them please.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:10 AM, johnsusername said:

Won't get a look in when Chamberlain is back, and rightly so. If Everton or Man U had bought him for £53m we'd be laughing our keks off. 

Give him the Bayern games and then send him on his summer holidays early. Tell him to eat some steaks, drink some milk and lift some barbells cos he looked like he was going to blow away in the wind last night. 

Massive disappointment. Massive. 

Ox has had 4 knee ligament injuries in his career already. He's injury prone, it's a matter of time before he picks up another one. 

Definitely a case of a player getting better when not playing.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, skend04 said:

Ox has had 4 knee ligament injuries in his career already. He's injury prone, it's a matter of time before he picks up another one. 

Who’d you start out of the two if both were fit?

12 minutes ago, INTORRESTING said:

How many good games did Oxlade have for us?  I don't see what all the excitement is about.

Keita needs time to settle, someone should have ensured he learned English - that was a mistake especially considering he seems very shy in any of the lfc videos that have been put up.

Oxlade was vital in many of our best performances last year. The pushback against him and the "he gets better the longer he is injured" thing is bullshit and it's annoying. 

Firmino still barely speaks any English and he's fine. So does Aguero. Pochettino still needs a translator at times. He has more important issues than language. 

I don't get the Keita criticism at all. There's clearly a player there and he has shown glimpses of his obvious talent. I've read he is a bit of a slow starter at new clubs and in the good old footbaling days a player like this would have been given the time to adapt to a new league and demonstrate his clear ability. There are many examples of playes down the years who have started slowly only to become great players in the Premier League and the old First Division. Perhaps the criticism stems from disappointment that he hasn't hit the ground running, but very few players do this. Even the Ox took 6 months to bed in. I tihnk we as fans should be shouting encouragement at Keita rather than taking the first opportunity to pick on a mistake or something he hasn't done. I thought he played ok last night and was growing in to the game. The surge where he should have been given a penalty was a great moment from him. The guy is only 23 years of age, hopefully he's going to turn into one of the greats, if we show that patience and support.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, skend04 said:

Ironic, since Naby Keita is a case of a player getting worse when playing! 

19 hours ago, skend04 said:

I honestly didn't know Chamberlain had that many ligament injuries in his career already,that is deeply concerning. Paying 35 million when he'd already had three of them doesn't sound like good business.

10 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I honestly didn't know Chamberlain had that many ligament injuries in his career already,that is deeply concerning. Paying 35 million when he'd already had three of them doesn't sound like good business.

Probably why we pulled the plug on Fekir but it makes you wonder why they signed Chamberlain given their position since. Must have thought there's no way a player with three knee injuries will get any more or maybe it just didn't occur to them at that stage.