You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

Keita is such an odd player.  You can see it’s there.  He’s a brilliant dribbler of the ball and does things that players just can’t read but for some strange reason his confidence looks shot.  All this nonsense about playing him in the centre and not on the wing etc just doesn’t add up for me.  I think if he was playing well and doing the right things he could probably play anywhere, offensively anyway.  If he plays the right weight of pass to Salah and he scores every would be waxing lyrical.

The talk of just playing him into form is just nonsense though.  It really is.  Regardless of getting his offensive play going he looks so poor defensively.  Positionally I just don’t know what he’s doing.  I think it would be unfair to judge him on that game because they had some kids on the pitch and them 2 absolute planks in front of him which is the reason we were so shite.  But judging him on the whole season so far a lot of people need to take their blinkers off.  He needs to come into the side very slowly.  It’s probably reaffirmed Klopp’s view of players taking a while before breaking into the team.

I would have liked a £52 million pound signing to be able to play footy from the off to be honest. Maybe I'm just old fashioned and it's all changed now and players need time to acclimatise. 

Some of the hype spouted about this lad before he kicked a ball for us was toe-curling, and I mean specifically re what he’d supposedly do from the off this season. He may well be suffering all the more fan frustration/impatience due to it.

The old Kenny maxim of we bought him for 5 years not 5 games applies. Let’s see how his form develops for the rest of the season then fuck him off to Stevie on loan. I mean see where we are once he’s got a year under his belt.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, John102 said:

He may turn out to be brilliant, however, to have months to prepare for the move and to turn up without speaking any English, speaks of a brain similar to Moreno.

Yeah, that pissed me off to be fair. Maybe we should have set him up with a teacher but disappointed with the lack of effort his end really. 

I'm on the side of giving him a decent run in the team, Fabinho benefitted from it, although he's more versitle so it was easier for him to get on the pitch. 

Milner is looking like the miles have finally caught up with him, so Keita should be taking his place in the queue. 

Plus he's only 23, plenty of time for him to grow into the team. 

• Upvote 1

Klopp is a psychological genius. He'll only get rid of a player if he suspects he can't improve his mentality. There's no sign of that with Keita yet. He may just be a bit clueless and shy, rather than fundamentally dim like Balotelli. Some players may need more hands-on help.

2 hours ago, Hades said:

Mentally weak. Melissa Reddy has a lot to answer for.

I really do hate to say this as I've been labelled one before, but Reddy has to be a club shill. Her opinions are absolutely bonkers. She's like an 8 year old kid who hasn't been corrupted by the world yet and thinks every Liverpool player is the best thing since sliced bread. 

• Upvote 1

Confidence isn't there. The pace of the game has also caught him by surprise. His touch is heavy and his tackling and timing quite off.

There's a player there without doubt but I'm not sure now whether we'll get to see the best of him. I'd like to see him at the top of a diamond formation where he has more freedom but it's not going to happen. I really thought he'd be a great addition once he settled. 

11 hours ago, Aventus said:

I'm on the side of giving him a decent run in the team, Fabinho benefitted from it, although he's more versitle so it was easier for him to get on the pitch. 

Milner is looking like the miles have finally caught up with him, so Keita should be taking his place in the queue. 

Plus he's only 23, plenty of time for him to grow into the team. 

Yeah,Milner is looking very heavy legged in recent games. His recent injury hasn't helped of course but he's always been such a consistent performer that he usually shakes it off and you hardly notice.

11 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I really do hate to say this as I've been labelled one before, but Reddy has to be a club shill. Her opinions are absolutely bonkers. She's like an 8 year old kid who hasn't been corrupted by the world yet and thinks every Liverpool player is the best thing since sliced bread. 

She's fucking clueless.

I think he looks tentative.

The strong impression I had in the games at the start of the season was that he had deliberately reined in his aggression to avoid getting a shit load of red cards (which he kept getting last season). It may have meant he was playing within himself generally. I also had the impression that he was deliberately passing when his instinct said 'shoot'. 

If any of that is accurate (and not just my supposition) then he may just have to be told to be himself in the next few games. 

Last night he  reminded me of a (less lazy and flashy) Pogba from a couple of months ago. Put 2 defensive midfielders behind him at home and tell him just to attack and he could look excellent. Unfortunately for him, Shaqiri  is ahead of him in that position and when we play  4-2-3-1 Firmino occupies that space. 

Not sure what to expect from him next.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

I think he looks tentative.

The strong impression I had in the games at the start of the season was that he had deliberately reined in his aggression to avoid getting a shit load of red cards (which he kept getting last season). It may have meant he was playing within himself generally. I also had the impression that he was deliberately passing when his instinct said 'shoot'. 

If any of that is accurate (and not just my supposition) then he may just have to be told to be himself in the next few games. 

You may be onto something there as without having studied his comments greatly, didn't Klopp allude to him overthinking/overcomplicating his game just the other day?

1 minute ago, Dr Nowt said:

You may be onto something there as without having studied his comments greatly, didn't Klopp allude to him overthinking/overcomplicating his game just the other day?

I missed  that - I  was just basing it on the way he  seemed to pull out of tackles rather than being the combination of Souness in 1986 and a young Gerrard I was fearing/looking forward to.  

17 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I would have liked a £52 million pound signing to be able to play footy from the off to be honest. Maybe I'm just old fashioned and it's all changed now and players need time to acclimatise. 

Yeah, these days they need to get used to the different shaped ball, the different rules, the different pitch size... it's a nightmare.

• Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The problem is that we can't wait for him like we did with other signings. We urgently need him now. This season's too important.  

In fairness that’s not exactly true. We’re 4 points clear halfway through, without any meaningful contribution from him. We’ve waited.