You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Alex_K

Yeah also really hope he comes good. Agree with sentiment at the top of the page that he was one of the most hyped arrivals in living memory. Up there with Harry Kewell & Diouf (Aquilani was not hyped - he was almost universally loathed before he arrived due to the Alonso connection).

The whole 4-2-3-1 system is set up to accomodate Fabinho in his preferred two man midfield role. We should go back to the 4-3-3 and play Keita as the defensive midfielder. Keita doesn't suit the 4-2-3-1 at all, and as Bobby says there's not much he can do shunted out onto the left wing.

28 minutes ago, Boss said:

The whole 4-2-3-1 system is set up to accomodate Fabinho in his preferred two man midfield role. We should go back to the 4-3-3 and play Keita as the defensive midfielder. Keita doesn't suit the 4-2-3-1 at all, and as Bobby says there's not much he can do shunted out onto the left wing.

Except we don’t play with wingers and his natural position is on the left of a midfield 3. 

1 hour ago, Boss said:

He played all the time in a 4-2-2-2 at Leipzig. I don't think there's any reason why he can't play in a two man midfield. 

Anyways, it's fine to bed in the likes of Oxlade and Robertson when we're not in a title race but right now we need all hands on deck. I usually want to give new signings a long leash but any "give him time" shouts are invalid right now. There's no other time we need him more than during this season. 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/333025-klopp-keita-lallana-liverpool-wolves-fa-cup

With Naby, and I spoke to him, everything is fine and I am completely happy. Could he be a bit more confident in the games? Yes. Is he exactly the player [he was] in his best time at Leipzig? No, but he’s still adapting, that’s how it is. But everybody saw it how brilliant he played in the first part [of the season]. Tottenham was a fantastic game of him without thinking too much, and then we made a change I think around the PSG game and the boys have to deal with it. Then a little injury here, a little injury there and it was kind of a little setback.

Guest Alex_K

He was very good at Tottenham. Was at that game and he went very much under the radar it seemed after the game, but his movement on the pitch was superb & he was close to a goal. Great team performance generally that one (albeit was a good time to play Spurs).

3 hours ago, Luckyhillkop said:

Moutinho: "Mr Keita!" 

Henderson: "Run, Baby Keith, run!" 

*Stops, turns, looks straight at the Wolves midfielder. 

Henderson: "What is he doing?" 

Klopp: He’s beginning to believe.

I'll get my coat. 

I don't know what this means 

Keita is such an odd player.  You can see it’s there.  He’s a brilliant dribbler of the ball and does things that players just can’t read but for some strange reason his confidence looks shot.  All this nonsense about playing him in the centre and not on the wing etc just doesn’t add up for me.  I think if he was playing well and doing the right things he could probably play anywhere, offensively anyway.  If he plays the right weight of pass to Salah and he scores every would be waxing lyrical.

The talk of just playing him into form is just nonsense though.  It really is.  Regardless of getting his offensive play going he looks so poor defensively.  Positionally I just don’t know what he’s doing.  I think it would be unfair to judge him on that game because they had some kids on the pitch and them 2 absolute planks in front of him which is the reason we were so shite.  But judging him on the whole season so far a lot of people need to take their blinkers off.  He needs to come into the side very slowly.  It’s probably reaffirmed Klopp’s view of players taking a while before breaking into the team.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I think it would be unfair to judge him on that game because they had some kids on the pitch and them 2 absolute planks in front of him which is the reason we were so shite. 

It excuses his lack of quality, I suppose.  But not his lack of application.

I was very disappointed by his performance today.