You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You could just tell about 2 mins in he was up for it.  He wasn’t just passing it quickly and taking the easy option.  Some of his passing in and around the box was fantastic.  I’d give him MoM but Van Dijk was just unreal again and he did go out of it for about 20 mins in the second half.

• Upvote 1

His touch takes it away from players and immediately creates space for himself. Sign of a very good player, that.

Hopefully today is a springboard for him, because, we're gonna need every single little advantage and player on top form to keep up with, and eventually overhaul those fucking oil cheats.

• Upvote 1

Now there’s the player we knew we were signing. Had the sense of something was going to happen everytime he got the ball, love the way he carries the ball. I expect to see us look a lot more fluent offensively with his integration into the side, he’ll be the key link between midfield and attack, I would also expect a sharp upturn in Firmino’s performance levels as a consequence.

4 minutes ago, LFC 5 Times said:

Now there’s the player we knew we were signing. Had the sense of something was going to happen everytime he got the ball, love the way he carries the ball. I expect to see us look a lot more fluent offensively with his integration into the side, he’ll be the key link between midfield and attack, I would also expect a sharp upturn in Firmino’s performance levels as a consequence.

Yep, he could be a genuine point of difference from here on. He could also get the front 3 firing a bit more too. 

Looking over at City, would De Bruyne make them much better right now, or would he simply replace one of their other mids already playing at a high level? Obviously he is a brilliant option to rotate, but overall they're fucking flying.  

The difference in having a midfielder that looks to pick the ball up and drive at the opposition and not just look for the simple pass. Been crying out for that sort of player since Gerrard was still at his peak. Chamberlain showed a bit of it in the tail end of last season and we looked a far betrer side for it

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ginny said:

Can he do it on a cold winter night in Burnley!?  course he can. 

Think we’re starting to get a real taste of his abilities. We want more ... we want to taste all of him! Give it to us, Naby! 

I agree best game he has had for us so far and I think he has a lot more to offer.

2 hours ago, Ginny said:

Can he do it on a cold winter night in Burnley!?  course he can. 

Think we’re starting to get a real taste of his abilities. We want more ... we want to taste all of him! Give it to us, Naby! 

If this was a post in the breakfast thread, I've have scored this -10/10. 

The cringe in this post is equiv. to sitting next to your nan at Christmas and wondering why the couch has suddenly become wet. Terrible post in full and one Ginny will be disappointed when looking back on this. 

• Like 1

Now he's fit, I think it's time to just play him. We know he has the attributes our midfield has missed without Ox, so go back to 4-3-3 and play him.

One of Henderson or Fabinho plays at the base, and Milner and Wijnaldum take it in turns to play alongside him.

Started very brightly but faded, I think it may even be next season till we see the best of him he seems to be one of those players who takes a long time to settle, of the two big midfield summer buys Fabinho looks the better signing so far. I’d never seen him in Germany is he playing in the same position?

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Started very brightly but faded, I think it may even be next season till we see the best of him he seems to be one of those players who takes a long time to settle, of the two big midfield summer buys Fabinho looks the better signing so far. I’d never seen him in Germany is he playing in the same position?

What? He's been ace in his last two games and he is capable of much better too.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

What? He's been ace in his last two games and he is capable of much better too.

He was good against Burnley but apart from a few good dribbles yesterday, he wasn't much of an influence, though that was because he was being played out of position.