You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

53 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Featured as a sub in last two games so Klopp obviously feels he is ready to play his part. Him and Fabinho could compliment each other and give us more flexibility in the middle of the park.

By all accounts, it's not the middle of the park that's misfiring. 

I think it’s fanciful to think he’s going to start a game and just out of the blue be the player he was in Germany.  It’s just not happening.  I think he’s played enough minutes now to see that he’s not going to hit the ground running.  He’s going to need months and months of games to fit into our style of football, handle the speed of the English game and just come out of his shell if anything.

Our midfield not setting the world alight this season has obviously got people clamouring for him to be brought into the team but I think it’s a bit shortsighted.  As bad offensively as our midfielders can be they never really let us down defensively and that has kept us winning.  Bringing him in might remove that stability whilst also, going off his showings, offer fuck all more going forward than we already get.  The only benefit we would be getting from playing him is he would hopefully bed in quicker and be good in 3-6 months time.  It just depends whether you think the potential lost points are worth that or not.

Persoanlly I think Fabinho should be starting alongside Milner or Gini with Shaqiri also starting somewhere.  I wouldn’t be dropping any of the front 3 either.  If Mane is injured then there is an argument for him to start but I wouldn’t be thinking about it unless it was forced upon us.

27 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Fabinho looked very good against Everton. Keita not so much, barely got involved. I hope both start tonight.

There hasn’t been a player that I’ve wanted to do so well from the start as Naby. Not since Nuri Sahin. Although the latter was played out of position, and generally mismanaged, Naby is starting to feel a bit Nuri. I think Naby needs to start showing something because he’s an amazing player. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Well,i hope being unbeaten and two points off the top in December counts as misfiring because I can't wait until we actually do start firing.

That’s actually something I’ve been thinking about. The side feels like it has a broken clutch and is stuck in 1st gear. That leads me to a couple of thoughts. First, how the fuck are we keeping pace (having had a harder start) with City. Secondly, if it when we click, we are going to be amazing. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

That’s actually something I’ve been thinking about. The side feels like it has a broken clutch and is stuck in 1st gear. That leads me to a couple of thoughts. First, how the fuck are we keeping pace (having had a harder start) with City. Secondly, if it when we click, we are going to be amazing. 

We set the bar so high at the back end of last season that its almost impossible to recreate those highs again. But the plus side is that we have a world class GK and back line that is tighter than a nun's you know what and this allows us to win games while playing at half speed.

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

There hasn’t been a player that I’ve wanted to do so well from the start as Naby. Not since Nuri Sahin. Although the latter was played out of position, and generally mismanaged, Naby is starting to feel a bit Nuri. I think Naby needs to start showing something because he’s an amazing player. 

I don't know what the fuss is about with Naby's performances. He was very good in the first month of the season and since then has been injured.

I think he's getting tarred with the same brush that's being used against all of our other midfielders, only with him it's pretty unfair since he hasn't even played in most of the games where our midfield has underperformed. By Jan/Feb we'll see the real Naby and I doubt he'll ever look back.

1 minute ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I don't know what the fuss is about with Naby's performances. He was very good in the first month of the season and since then has been injured.

I think he's getting tarred with the same brush that's being used against all of our other midfielders, only with him it's pretty unfair since he hasn't even played in most of the games where our midfield has underperformed. By Jan/Feb we'll see the real Naby and I doubt he'll ever look back.

That’s not really fair. The last few games before his injury were poor, starting from the league cup loss against Chelsea, where he was largely at fault for one of the goals. He’s struggled with the intensity of the league IMO, but I’m sure he will get better with more game time. 

• Downvote 4

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

That’s not really fair. The last few games before his injury were poor, starting from the league cup loss against Chelsea, where he was largely at fault for one of the goals. He’s struggled with the intensity of the league IMO, but I’m sure he will get better with more game time. 

A certain open goal miss also had a bearing on that game, despite scoring a harder one, also had a bad miss in another crucial game, sitter.

15 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

A certain open goal miss also had a bearing on that game, despite scoring a harder one, also had a bad miss in another crucial game, sitter.

I’m not sure why you’re taking this personally VB. I’m with you. I want him to do well, and I want him to be given a start tonight.

• Upvote 1

How on Earth did that game finish without Keita on the scoresheet? Brilliant save from Hart onto the post then cleared off the line by Burnley's defender. Deserved a goal but at least he finished on the winning side. Baby Keith is going to be fine.

Thought he was accelerant tonight, and not in easy circumstances against a tough, physical team away from home. 

Hopefully his fitness is now there and he can start to feature regularly, as he gives us something no other midfielder does, with Ox sidelined.