You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aventus said:

I agree, might as well start the trio vs a shit team so they don't have much pressure on them. 

Much as we would wish it otherwise they are not shit.  They will be up for this and unless we shake off the effects of last night we will be in trouble. Klopp needs to get them fired up.

16 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Unleash him and Shaqiri vs Everton with Wijnaldum behind. Eventually Fabinho for Wijnaldum. 

Garlic bread.

We've all been pining for the 4-3-3 this season so the front three can click like last season, but it's just not working. Our results are massively worse than they've been playing a 4-2-3-1, even though that formation hasn't looked as exciting.

I'd go with Fabinho and Keita in a 2, then add Shaqiri to the regular front 3 in front of them. I'm pretty sure Klopp won't do that, but it's what I'd do if it were up to me.

• Like 1

Very slow start to his time here, probably accentuated by the fact we signed him the summer of last season and the hype the built everyone, including myself expected him to hit the ground running. But you can see flashes of his brilliance, anybody that good at dribbling which is the most difficult art in the game is a real player, he’ll be fine. Firmino was fucking shite for his first 4 months here.

1 hour ago, LFC 5 Times said:

Very slow start to his time here, probably accentuated by the fact we signed him the summer of last season and the hype the built everyone, including myself expected him to hit the ground running. But you can see flashes of his brilliance, anybody that good at dribbling which is the most difficult art in the game is a real player, he’ll be fine. Firmino was fucking shite for his first 4 months here.

Problem is Firmino is regularly fucking shite a lot of the time. 

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Hades said:

Do you agree he's dropped down a level this season? If so, what do you think is the reason (in before it's the midfield)?

Objectively, he hasn't looked very good this season. Besides the fact that most of the time he's the team's lone creative player and can't handle that burden (unless Shaqiri is on the pitch), I think he's tired. He's played so much football these past three years and he runs so much, people forget. 

I think we'll buy someone who can credibly play up front next summer for a lot of money which will allow Klopp to rest him at times without a change in the style of play and then also allow us to play him in behind. Fekir would've been that guy. 

50 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Objectively, he hasn't looked very good this season. Besides the fact that most of the time he's the team's lone creative player and can't handle that burden (unless Shaqiri is on the pitch), I think he's tired. He's played so much football these past three years and he runs so much, people forget. 

I think we'll buy someone who can credibly play up front next summer for a lot of money which will allow Klopp to rest him at times without a change in the style of play and then also allow us to play him in behind. Fekir would've been that guy. 

You have a point about tiredness, hope it's not an attitude issue. We seem to press less this season which nullifies some of Firmino's strengths. Hopefully it's Klopp pacing the team to peak later in the season.

enReBIc.jpg