You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

47 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

People are actually getting mad at the suggestions he's been disappointing. It's weird because making excuses for him and suggesting he's been good is an insult to his ability. People just creamed themselves way too early.

He can do way better. And of course players need time to adapt, I'm usually all for that, but he's known about this move for a year prior, had a full preseason and has played a very similar style of football before. His start here has been really weird.  All the factors were there for him to hit the ground running but he's looked totally lost.

You have to take into account that the Premier League is far superior to Bundesliga.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Bundesliga is a major European league. It's not that big a jump in quality. You'd have a point if he was coming directly from Austria.

A jump nonetheless. I’m prepared to write this season off for him. I personally think we’ll see the best of him next season.

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

People are actually getting mad at the suggestions he's been disappointing. It's weird because making excuses for him and suggesting he's been good is an insult to his ability. People just creamed themselves way too early.

He can do way better. And of course players need time to adapt, I'm usually all for that, but he's known about this move for a year prior, had a full preseason and has played a very similar style of football before. His start here has been really weird.  All the factors were there for him to hit the ground running but he's looked totally lost.

Agree that he hasn’t been very good so far. Has he been disappointing, well that’s more of a maybe to me. Depends on the expectations of course. I have high expectations to him, but I also fully accept and even expect him to take some time to settle.

And I definately wouldn’t say he’s looked totally lost.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The move to turn in our own third , then carry for 20 meters and hit the ball over the top soft onto Salahs foot (Palace maybe?) - That's the Keita I approved

Yup, he’s clearly a very talented player. The problem is that 1) new system 2) superior league. It really is that simple to me.

Thought he was alright in the first couple of games tbh. Clearly playing within himself and adjusting, obviously quality. 

We need him to step up yeah, but only because we lack someone to open the game up from midfield right now, which isn't his fault

17 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I predict that a couple of years from now there are going to be a lot of posts from this thread being quoted in mockery.

I hope for Naky Keita's sake that this isn't one of them.

9 hours ago, The Guest said:

You’re absolutely batshit if you think he’s going to start games in the front 3.

Well Mane and Salah will need resting at some point and we don't really have any other options. Well we do, but not options that Klopp seems to want to use. 

There's no way Keita gets in the midfield 3 if everyone is fit and Klopp will want Keita to get some minutes so I can definately see it happening. 

He's played there in Germany and he played there second half v West ham for a bit. 

At the moment he's a defensive liability playing in midfield so makes sense to put him in further up the pitch. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mr pink said:

Well Mane and Salah will need resting at some point and we don't really have any other options. Well we do, but not options that Klopp seems to want to use. 

There's no way Keita gets in the midfield 3 if everyone is fit and Klopp will want Keita to get some minutes so I can definately see it happening. 

He's played there in Germany and he played there second half v West ham for a bit. 

At the moment he's a defensive liability playing in midfield so makes sense to put him in further up the pitch. 

So he doesn't play more than a brief role until he stops being a 'liability.'

8 hours ago, Mr pink said:

He’s been walking into our midfield all season with everyone fully fit.  It makes absolutely zero sense playing him ahead of Shaqiri or Sturridge if we are replacing one of the front 3 who play 90% of games anyway.  He isn’t going to learn how to play defensively by playing as one of or wingers who essentially stay high up the pitch the majority of the time.  He may have played out wide for RB but I seriously doubt it will have been in the same manner out wide players play.  He is clearly not a winger anyway and would hamper our style even more by playing there.

If Klopp is going to play him it’s going to be in midfield unless he’s on the pitch with no subs left as a last resort.

3 hours ago, The Guest said:

He’s been walking into our midfield all season with everyone fully fit.  It makes absolutely zero sense playing him ahead of Shaqiri or Sturridge if we are replacing one of the front 3 who play 90% of games anyway.  He isn’t going to learn how to play defensively by playing as one of or wingers who essentially stay high up the pitch the majority of the time.  He may have played out wide for RB but I seriously doubt it will have been in the same manner out wide players play.  He is clearly not a winger anyway and would hamper our style even more by playing there.

If Klopp is going to play him it’s going to be in midfield unless he’s on the pitch with no subs left as a last resort.

I agree it makes zero sense playing him ahead of Shaqiri 

Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita will be missing for at least two weeks with a hamstring injury he picked up on international duty.

The Guinea midfielder was injured in Tuesday’s 1-1 draw in Rwanda in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier.

He returned to Melwood yesterday though and underwent a scan, which, according to Guinean journalist Sega Diallo has signalled he will be missing for at least a fortnight.

Keita, who has made 10 starts for the Reds since joining from RB Leipzig in the summer, missed training today along with Sadio Mane.

Two other international injury victims – Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk – both took part in full training at Melwood today, along with James Milner.