You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

17 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

He was carried off crying like a 2 year old child only two weeks ago in naples and there wasn't a thing wrong with him. 

Ill panic when don't real doctors have a look at him and not Dr Nic Riviera 

He had a back spasm mate, very painful and can be a real shock to the system, even frightening as it can feel as if your heart is knackered.

49 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He had a back spasm mate, very painful and can be a real shock to the system, even frightening as it can feel as if your heart is knackered.

I had a bad leg spasm in July and I'm still limping.  I don't even want to think what a back spasm would be like, the leg spasm was as bad as shattering my knee.

11 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

I had a bad leg spasm in July and I'm still limping.  I don't even want to think what a back spasm would be like, the leg spasm was as bad as shattering my knee.

I had a back spasm on new years day about 9 years ago and it was fucking horrendous.

It took 2 ambulance crews to move me and I apparently went through 5 bottles of gas and air and it didnt touch the sides as regards the pain which was the worst Ive ever experienced, even worse than rupturing my achilles.

I spent 2 days and nights in Fazack hossy and about 6 weeks off  work.

There's no way kieta had a proper spasm to be playing football days later.

Huge disappointment. Kante hit the league running and based on the hype, we thought we'd signed his equivalent. He looks a couple of levels below even Can and worse, seems to have a frail mentality if he's getting back spasms this early. Klopp's Aquilani.

• Downvote 5

4 hours ago, Hades said:

Huge disappointment. Kante hit the league running and based on the hype, we thought we'd signed his equivalent. He looks a couple of levels below even Can and worse, seems to have a frail mentality if he's getting back spasms this early. Klopp's Aquilani.

There is something in this. He isn't performing at anywhere the level he was previously and looks a totally different player,from a negative point of view. He will improve but I just hope its sooner rather than later.

57 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

There is something in this. He isn't performing at anywhere the level he was previously and looks a totally different player,from a negative point of view. He will improve but I just hope its sooner rather than later.

I’m hoping he’s just adjusting to a better team and a superior league.

• Upvote 1

Not sure how anybody can say with any great certainty that a player will be a success or otherwise based on such a small sample size.

He hasn't yet shown anywhere near the influence and swagger that he did with Leipzig, but very early days yet.

A general point and not about Keita - I think we've been blessed over the last three years or in terms of how just about every player settled and played a crucial role for us. For a variety of reasons, that won't always be the case and some transfers won't work out. Fair fucks to the lads with laptops and graphs in the club's back offices though - the recent success rate hasn't been a happy accident.

• Upvote 1

People are actually getting mad at the suggestions he's been disappointing. It's weird because making excuses for him and suggesting he's been good is an insult to his ability. People just creamed themselves way too early.

He can do way better. And of course players need time to adapt, I'm usually all for that, but he's known about this move for a year prior, had a full preseason and has played a very similar style of football before. His start here has been really weird.  All the factors were there for him to hit the ground running but he's looked totally lost.

• Upvote 2