You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Maybe he's a bit over it there, given their disappointing finish to the season both domestically and in Europe, plus if the rumours were true he wanted to get to Liverpool in January.

He's also going to miss Leipzig's final home game, so no goodbye in front of his home supporters. Ultimately, from a Liverpool perspective, it's one less game he can get a serious injury in...

Maybe he's a bit over it there, given their disappointing finish to the season both domestically and in Europe, plus if the rumours were true he wanted to get to Liverpool in January.

He's also going to miss Leipzig's final home game, so no goodbye in front of his home supporters. Ultimately, from a Liverpool perspective, it's one less game he can get a serious injury in...

This guy is less impressive than Lemar at this point 

He was probably annoyed that he couldn't come last year, but decided to stay professional and see it out.

Then probably annoyed again that it couldn't be pushed through in January, but again tried to stay professional and carried on.

Then he saw that we're halfway to being in a champions league final, at a time where we're desperately short on midfielders.

So his head has fell off thinking about how he would have been a part of that if it wasn't for some dodgy bureaucracy preventing him being here.

So now he doesn't give a shit about Leipzig, they may have cost him a champions league medal.

• Upvote 1

He was probably annoyed that he couldn't come last year, but decided to stay professional and see it out.

Then probably annoyed again that it couldn't be pushed through in January, but again tried to stay professional and carried on.

Then he saw that we're halfway to being in a champions league final, at a time where we're desperately short on midfielders.

So his head has fell off thinking about how he would have been a part of that if it wasn't for some dodgy bureaucracy preventing him being here.

So now he doesn't give a shit about Leipzig, they may have cost him a champions league medal.

Wouldn't he have been ineligible due to playing for Leipzig in Europe before xmas anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

That was overr a driving licence wasn't it.

Something like that before yeah... mate of mine who never really bothers with all the rumour shite sent it to our whatsapp group (he hasn't been well lately so maybe that explains it) banging on about his work permit could be in doubt...

Wouldn't he have been ineligible due to playing for Leipzig in Europe before xmas anyway?

True, I forgot leipzig were originally in the champions league this year before dropping into the Europa.

I don't think the European cup tied thing applies anymore if the player hasn't played in the cup of the club he's moving to.

So if Naby had only played in the Europa, then came to us in January then he'd be eligible for the champions league.

I may have dreamt that though, so I'll need to fact check myself.

True, I forgot leipzig were originally in the champions league this year before dropping into the Europa.

I don't think the European cup tied thing applies anymore if the player hasn't played in the cup of the club he's moving to.

So if Naby had only played in the Europa, then came to us in January then he'd be eligible for the champions league.

I may have dreamt that though, so I'll need to fact check myself.

Didn't it happen to Aubamayang that he was ineligible as a result of being in a team that dropped into the Europa League?